Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I live in Ireland and looking to buy a Cbr250.
Firstly I would like to say thank you for the great information on this forum.
I do have a few questions regarding the cbr.
I have just completed my IBT(16hour beginner course) and looking to buy a cbr between 90-96 and have about 1800 euro to spend.
I'm 21 and I have got a few insurance quotes and it seems to average about 600 euro.

But I know next to nothing about the mechanical side of bikes and would like to know what to look out for when buying the bike?

I have gathered a bit of information through friends,forums and family and would like to verify some if it and get some advice(sorry if this is suppose to be in a different thread)

Few things I have heard besides the obvious damage to frame and fairings.

Rub my finger along the inside of the exhaust rim to make sure there is no fluid otherwise this could be signs the gasket is on its way out.

Check the fork seals for leaks, cracks and dirt.

Sit on the bike hold the front brake and press forward slightly to test the front suspension and have someone push down a small bit on the back.

Check to see if the bike starts first time from cold.

Electrics such as lights and clocks.

Also I have heard there are a few people messing with the mileage on bikes, is there anyway to know if it has been tampered with?

Any additional info is greatly appreciated and thank you for your time

Min.

Edit* sorry about the title got messed up after I previewed my post

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Welcome but you may wish to try the cbr250RRRRRRRRRRRRR forums for info on the old 4cyl cbr. This forum covers the new single cylinder 2011 model onwards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe Thanks Auffit realised the same after I had already posted, Sorry about the mix up.

@Mod, please delete this post if possible

Thanks
Min

1 - 3 of 3 Posts