Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just got finished with all the paperwork and financing for my Honda CBR250R and getting it delivered in 2 hours!! I'm so stoked!! They just got it in on Friday!! They said I'm the first one to get it in San Diego!! :D yayy!!

At first, I wanted the ABS, but I seriously can't wait any longer! So I decided to just go with the standard. This is my very first bike. I'm 5'1" female. My dealer said they don't make any thing to lower the bike at the moment. So hopefully I can work on leaning with one foot.

I'll post pictures once I get some uploaded. I hope everyone else gets their bikes very soon!! :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Good luck with the new bike, I am still waiting. I had to do the one foot thing all the time on a klr 650. You have to be careful, but what I got tired of is swinging my leg over it. Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi everyone! I just got finished with all the paperwork and financing for my Honda CBR250R and getting it delivered in 2 hours!! I'm so stoked!! They just got it in on Friday!! They said I'm the first one to get it in San Diego!! :D yayy!!

At first, I wanted the ABS, but I seriously can't wait any longer! So I decided to just go with the standard. This is my very first bike. I'm 5'1" female. My dealer said they don't make any thing to lower the bike at the moment. So hopefully I can work on leaning with one foot.

I'll post pictures once I get some uploaded. I hope everyone else gets their bikes very soon!! :)

Thats funny Im a 6'5" guy I hopefully I wont look funny on it Ive sat on Ninjas and CBR600RRs and dont and this bike is the same size. Cant wait!:eek:

·
281 Posts
Tbone! You are definitely the tallest reporting guy on the forum! If you are fine at six five...I should be ok at six one! I remain somewhat concerned that I will appear too big for the bike...but it should not be much different than a cbr600...they are the same wheelbase but more robust looking frame and, of course, much bigger rear tire....

·
Registered
400 Posts
****,i wish i can get mine,i guess i left my deposit in the wrong shop lol..might have to call San Diego shops!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Just brought mine home.. Its rainy and grey outside though..But Im completely out of my mind stoked! Got the black one. Congrats to the rest of the crew who got thiers or will be soon..

·
Registered
147 Posts
congrats man,still waiting on my red abs. post some pics,we all saw the bike a million times,but a million more wouldnt hurt,lol

·
Registered
636 Posts
ABS, nice.. I got the base model but still am stoked.. ive been out to the garage twice to sit on it, start it up, give it a few revs then shut it down.. the weather here sucks right now but it will change;-> vroom..vroom..

·
Registered
636 Posts
hey mindee.. hope your bike works out..be careful with the one foot lean thing..at 5'1' i hope you are comfortable riding this bike.. I am a former sandiegan clairemont mesa.. off of balboa.. now in midwest cant surf anymore so i will ride!!

·
281 Posts

Minidee: I have a friend who is also 5'1 and indicating they may be interested in the cbr...what input can you share concerning the bike and the challenge of touching terra firma...is leaning over a bit working ok?

·
Registered
87 Posts

Congrats to you and numerous other who have got their bikes. For me, I have been waiting from September 2010.:(
Anyhow, ride safe. Hope you have your riding gears. If not, please invest in the same. Ride hard, ride safe!!!
P.S. Please post photos...:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone for the congratz!!

hey mindee.. hope your bike works out..be careful with the one foot lean thing..at 5'1' i hope you are comfortable riding this bike.. I am a former sandiegan clairemont mesa.. off of balboa.. now in midwest cant surf anymore so i will ride!!
I haven't practiced for about 5 months so the height was an issue on my first day. I'm getting the hang of one foot down so far. But I got into this funny situation, I had my right foot on an unleveled ground and I couldn't kick up the kickstand with my left foot. I think I prefer possibly lowering it for a little more comfort. Anyways when I get the bike going, I have no problem. I might be concerned when I do need to stop. Of course I need more practice.. I’ll let you all know if I do lower my bike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts