Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Ok, I know I'd best just use a cable lock of better quality than the joke Honda includes in it's comprehesive tool kit under the seat. But if I forget to bring it, the Honda item could come in handy in a pinch. Problem is, the loop on the cable will not fit over the end of the rod under the seat. Behind the rod and very close to it is a nut welded to the frame, and it interferes with the cable. I tried bending the rod away a little but it still would not fit. Anybody else have this manufacturing tolerance problem on their bike, or has everyone just given a goodbye salute to the Honda cable and moved on to some other system?

·
Registered
116 Posts
i find it difficult to get the cable in place, but it seems like there is plenty of room to do it. i just suck at manuevering it around at the angle they want me to put it in at.
maybe your having the same issue?
try using a flashlight to get a better look at whats going on. its sopposed to be difficult so that you cant get it off while the seat is on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I Use it everytime i go for a ride and park the bike somewhere? You sure your using it right? Loop the Cable through the clip on the helmet, hook the ends of the cable to the hook under the seat?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I own an $800 helmet, I carry mine with me lol

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Page 31.

·
Registered
44 Posts
dunno what you guys are doing but i find it very hard to lock the rear seat back down with the cable hanging out the side..

really have to punch it hard..

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dunno what you guys are doing but i find it very hard to lock the rear seat back down with the cable hanging out the side..

really have to punch it hard..
I haven't even gotten to the point where I can get the cable around the post to use it, but it struck me also that even if I could, it would be a tight squeeze to get the cable to fit between the seat cushions. There is just no way the cable will slide on the post, using flashlight or not. And yes, just getting the rear cushion to latch on my bike requires a forceful press down on the seat. I could foresee that if even I could eventually get the cable around the post, there would be not enough gap to actually get my latch to engage, no matter how hard I pushed. Today I saw another CBR250R at my local dealer, and with the rear cushion latched, it literally rattles around it is so loose. If I have to choose between tight and rattle, I choose tight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree completely, I did with a pliers finally get one loop around the rod underneath the bar but then it seems you have to get the other loop around the rod the same way to secure the helmet; and then forget about getting the rear seat snapped back in place. Without the seat back in place securely, the helmet is not secure (though a thief would probably take 30-60 minutes trying to get the loops back off the tight fit over the rod).

I still think I must be doing something wrong. Honda could not be selling such a poor design (in this one limited regard).

Maybe someone out there has figured out the secret.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I manage to get mine on there without even looking..I leave one end looped on there all the time..when i need it i put the other end thu my helmet buckle and just stick the other end back there where i know the end of the bar should be without even looking and fish it around...might take a few seconds to get on and take off .....i do have to push down on the back seat very hard to get it to snap down again...but it hasn't hurt it yet that i can tell...just put all ur weight on it and push

·
Registered
426 Posts
I own an $800 helmet, I carry mine with me lol
lol - yep. tho "only" 500bux but still dont want to lose it. Plus i factor in how much of a pain it will be to get home without a helmet. If i am far from home the lid goes with me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts