Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of like hat hair... cept a hat covers the entire head and can typically make a stylishly flattened hair appearance.

Helmets, on the other hand, contact the head at seemingly random points and thus leave the head with peaks and valleys all over the place...

What do you do to prevent/deal with this?

·
Registered
445 Posts
The military takes care of that. Not enough hair to get "helmet head".
I think clean shaven is the only way. Even with a close buzz I end up looking like a have an oddly shaped skull. If anything I find long hair holds up better to helmet head. I have very fine hair though so i think it will vary by hair type.

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
Cut it all off... I get a much better fit with my helmet, and it is far cooler in hot weather. Added to that, women really go for the shaved head look... A win-win-win situation if there ever was one. :cool:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Genetics and a #1 clipper setting have solved the problem in my case

·
Registered
493 Posts
I carry a ball cap around. Tank bag, tail bag, or saddle bag.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try having helmet hair on hair that reaches your butt. At least the scruffy unkempt look is hot on guys and a buzz cut is a viable option :-/ My guy mates either carry hats or sport the buzz cut.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
My wife straight razors my noggin'

·
Registered
260 Posts
nother hat carrier here... but my helmet fits well and proper so i have a more aerodynamic look when i have it had it on for a while... just really flattened down lol makes me look "in motion" when i am not. :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had the same problem when I first started. My hair would look ridiculously patchy on certain areas all bundled up. I gave up and started riding with a hat in my backpack and just slap on the cap when my helmet is off.

2 weeks later, I was looking into the mirror with some sisiccors in my hand...soon enough my 2" long hair was no longer. Not sure if I regret it yet. Going to let it grow back. All my co-workers are all calling me "monk" or "Ang" (from Avatar cartoon). Fun stuff

·
Registered
112 Posts
I use Nomex Balaclavas under my helmets, bike or car. Keeps my head cool, no hair bothering me and seems to keep my hair in shape :)

And Keeps the inside of the helmets clean.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts