Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ok this is how the lock should look empty. You just slide the hoop onto that bracket there. There is an open end in the bracket so it will just slide in. Unhook on end of the lock thing and loop it threw the helmet and then back threw the bracket like this

I found 2 ways to place the helmet, one over the side of the bike and one just sitting on the seat I'll show both.

Pushing the rear seat back on can be a little tricky at first but once you do it a few times it will get easier.
Hope this helps and I hope this works, I'm posting from my iPhone.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thanks for the pics, I get it now. Still seems like a pain in the ass as the cable is short. Wifes bike doesnt have a helmet lock so I came up with the idea to use a gun lock, (master lock with a cable), for her. Think I'll do the same.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Bigwill I noticed you have a 2011 manual like me. But noticed when I called to get insurance that on the paperwork I got from the dealer the bikes a 2012.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hade lot of trouble getting insurance also, said my vin don't exist, took about 2 days before they gave me coverage. But as being a 2012 I like that idea lol.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have my cars and bikes thru Liberty Mutual. They too didnt have it in their system. They covered the bike, just couldnt tell me how much the premium was yet. I thought the bike was a 2011, but all my finance, reg and tax paperwork says 2012.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i think it goe by the month the bike was release..if its released near the midde to end of the year they round it to the next year.but im not too sure

·
Registered
210 Posts
I tried various positions. Opening the seat is a hassle so I lock the helmet D-ring to the rear passenger foot peg.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm with Matt, never use that long and thin bracket.
I prefer the hook and locking the helmet (sometimes I locked two helmets) on the side of the bike, while it's parked.
Once I locked a open face helmet ON the rear seat (using both sides of the strap on both sides of the seat)
while I was riding, since I was going to pick up my passenger: it was a real pain, BTW.

·
Registered
386 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts