Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it have a helmet lock? How much storage under the seat and is it under the passenger seat or riders seat? As long as I can fit my wallet, glasses and phone I'll be happy.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dennis Kirk offers some nice magnetic micro tank bags. Think I'll get one of those. Wouldnt carry enough stuff to justify a back pack.

·
Registered
21 Posts
you never wanna ride with a backpack! dangerous! if you really need the extra storage, the magnetic tank bag is the way to go simply because you can take it off piece of cake when you don't need it!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I used a so called "luggage net" (according to google translate :))

I did have a topbox but it felt like it was larger than the bike (cbr125rw) so i never used it :)

The net is very good and handy - i drove a lot on highway with it

Attachments

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
BTW, underneath my seat is:

Copies of all documents in plastic folder. Toolpack as supplied. Pliers for adjusting the clutch (or anything else). Multiple Allen key tool. Clothe for wiping the seat if there's rain.

That about fills it.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Honda's engineers and designers in Thailand have come up with a gorgeous looking sports bike, that by all accounts delivers as an economical but highly satisfying ride for day to day commuting and weekend jollies. Its weakness seems to be in the practicalities.

I gather the helmet security device is a piece of wire with loops on it in the tool kit; supply your own lock! Bungy hook points are scarce, as are flat surfaces to locate luggage on. Carrying a change of clothes for a weekend at a hotel looks like about it.

It is strange coming from the company which developed the Wave, and a couple of scooters, all with a good sized box under the seat. They have scope for carrying a huge amount of stuff, with plenty of places to hook bungy cords.

I could carry all I needed for several weeks of touring on my CB250RS, with one bag bungied on the tank, and camping gear on the back; no top box or carrier required.

I would love to see all the CBR250R technology incorporated into a more practical CB or CBF design.

I agree with calgary250r... using a backpack is dangerous. It is also uncomfortable. The bike should carry the load, not you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Why would carrying a backpack with a change of clothes be dangerous? The backpack I own practically weighs nothing even with clothes added on and it doesn't restrict my movement at all.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, according to me, when you are fully geared up, a simple change like a backpack can cause a strain on your shoulder muscles. I have this riding jacket and on top of that if there is a backpack, it will increase your sprain in shoulder possibility. Even if it weighs nothing(impossible by laws of physics:D), it will create a strain when you ride for more than 3-4 hours. Try it out.
About tank bags, one must be careful that the magnet of the tank bag does not scratch the tank paint. We use scotch tape below the magnetic holds of tankbag to prevent this from happening.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm never riding for more than 30 minutes/hour anyway... My backpack weighs about 14 onces and the stuff in it is usually around 2 pounds... So I think I'm good on the weight restrictions haha. Being fully geared up, I actually forget it's on my back sometimes, until I have to take it off.

The nice thing about having a back pack is that I tagged it up with reflective tape, so it actually helps my visibility! Besides, tank bags are a no-no on such a sexy machine IMO.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Well, according to me, when you are fully geared up, a simple change like a backpack can cause a strain on your shoulder muscles. I have this riding jacket and on top of that if there is a backpack, it will increase your sprain in shoulder possibility. Even if it weighs nothing(impossible by laws of physics:D), it will create a strain when you ride for more than 3-4 hours. Try it out.
About tank bags, one must be careful that the magnet of the tank bag does not scratch the tank paint. We use scotch tape below the magnetic holds of tankbag to prevent this from happening.
The cbr250 has plenty of room for a tail bag. The luggage is much safer, if you carry any hard items like little tools, or a can of soda. I order some saddle bags and a tank bag to go with my fastrax tail bag.
Motorcycle Superstore - Search

Attachments

·
281 Posts
qlred, that tailbag is a perfect fit. With some saddlebags and a tank bag you will be ready to hit the open road! Which tank bag did you order? A little tricky to find the right tank bag fit for this bike.........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does it have a helmet lock? How much storage under the seat and is it under the passenger seat or riders seat? As long as I can fit my wallet, glasses and phone I'll be happy.
When I got mine, I put my sunglasses, wallet, and phone in the storage compartment under the passenger's seat, along with the toolkit and documents that were already in there. There was no room for anything else, but it fit just fine.
The helmet lock that comes with it is a small cable that locks the helmet down to the seat so no one can just grab and walk off with your helmet. However the cable could easily be cut with a pair of pliers, but it's still good enough for me.

·
Registered
619 Posts
qlred, that tailbag is a perfect fit. With some saddlebags and a tank bag you will be ready to hit the open road! Which tank bag did you order? A little tricky to find the right tank bag fit for this bike.........
I'm going to try the Dowco fastrax tank bag too. I like the locking zippers and rain fly. I have no idea if it will work, I'm a little nervous. But I like the tail bag so much, it will almost always carry all my shopping. I thought if I could keep my gloves and such in the tank bag, then the tail bag would be ready for store runs.

I know I need something to lie on as the tank is a little low for me. Some other bags look more contoured. I'm just going to try it. Here is a review of the set I got

·
281 Posts
qlred, so you have the fastrax saddlebags also? If so, are you happy with the way they mate up with the cbr? Can you upload a photo? Thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
qlred, so you have the fastrax saddlebags also? If so, are you happy with the way they mate up with the cbr? Can you upload a photo? Thanks
Yes, but they were returned and sent out again to me so the set was short a few of the straps, I'm seeing if they can replace the missing parts.

They do fit on there, but I was wasn't immediately thrilled. I'll have to check them out with a more thorough fitting. I'll send a picture when I do

The saddle bags seem like they are kind of hard to get into when they are all strapped up to the bike. And the instructions only rated them at 7lbs cargo. They look good from the side, but a little droopy from behind.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I got a pair not of those but some other ones that straddle the seat for support for my CM450c. I had to make a bracket to hold them out because they would rub on my tire if I didn't. I would think that unless they have a stiffener that prevents that I could have the same problem on the CBR.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They sell saddle bag supports for cruisers. Depends on the bags and the bike, as the bags on my Volusia didnt rub the tire without the brackets.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts