Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

help,,,buyer remorse

5K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  live_to_ride 
#1 ·
put a deposit back in march for the cbr,waited and waited,kept getting delayed,2 weeks ago my dealer said may 24,i couldnt wait so i went to a diff dealer to see one they had in ,but was sold,i just wanted to see it again,i look to my left and they are setting up a new ducati section,it catches my eye,so i walk over,saw the 848,but way too big for me,then i see the monster,and i loved it---wife sees price,and right away tells me forget it,lol,light bulb goes off,hey i said to myself,u got 5 k set aside for the honda cbr ,i could put that down on a DUCATI,i always dreamed of having one,so i sat down did the deal,5k gone,let the payments begin,honda dealer called me,because i forgot to tell him,that i bought another bike,he tells me my cbr is in.Dont know if i made the right choice,not a rich guy,so im hating myself a little bit,i could have had a cbr paid off,and now i have payments????what was i thinking,this ever happen to anyone,now im soo pissed ,because my wife wont let me live it down,i now wish i just bought a scooter,HELP---I HAVE A BRAND NEW DUCATI IN THE GARAGE,AND I CANT GET MY MIND OFF A CBR OR A SCOOTER,I NEED HELP,LOL

#2 ·
The Duc Monster is a beautiful bike. Jersey - I can't remember - but have you test ridden the CBR250R yet? Maybe you could go down to your dealer and test ride it. You might realize that it really isn't the bike for you - and then take some comfort in your decision to have purchased the Duc. Then again - you could really like the CBR250R and feel even worse about your recent purchase. Do you have a time-frame available to return the Monster? Does your state have a "buyer's remorse" period that allows you to return the bike?

Mike

#4 ·
i dont know,i think once u take delivery thats it,my thinking is simple,i now have the bike,the roads to work are all 35mph,and always backed up,i was on the new bike today on the way to work,and i was stoping and starting,go---stop---go---stop,1st gear---sec gear,,,first---sec---while the whole time,thinking why didnt u just get the ruckus,looks like soo much fun on utube,i should have thought about that first,but whats done is done,i will just double up on these payments until paid,keep it for a couple years,and just get a scooter,and do some mods to it,i hate shifting,been riding for twnty yrs on and off,wish i knew what happen along the way,i guess between working 12 hrs a day,and going to the gym for 2hrs a day,i guess i just want to twist and go.i live along the oceanfront and it gets backed up all summer from tourist.i figure now i have the bike,just make the best of it,pay it off qiuck,and next time dont rush.My last bike was a buell,liked it,but i also worked 1 hr away from home,now im 12 min from work.dont think i want to spend most of the ride in 1st,sec,and third gear.

#6 ·
Funny Jersey. I just got back from a Kawasaki dealer. Got a quote for 8k otd for a 2011 Versys. I have enough cash to buy either bike, and both have thier merits. If I buy the Versys tommorow I could be riding this weekend. (probably not the best weekend to ride around town on a bike for the first time though). But Im like s---, if I buy this I am streaching myself more than I planned, but will I be buying a bike that can grow with me more than the cbr?
I say once the ship has sailed, you gotta jump on board. At least you had the sack to pull the trigger. Im stressin just tryin to reach for it. Its a good deal man and you got an awesome bike. I say just love it, ride it, and say all things happen for a reason. Sounds kinda corny, but corny things are sometimes true.

#24 ·
Funny Jersey. I just got back from a Kawasaki dealer. Got a quote for 8k otd for a 2011 Versys.
$8000? YIKES!? Shop around.. You can find the 2011 for just a little over $6000.. You can find a NOS 09 or 10 for a hair over $5000..

I've been considering a Versys for a while.. I've done the research. I've shopped around. My local dealer has one for a little over $6000.. Don't pay $8000. Better yet, do what I'm going to do and buy a used 08 or 09 with low miles for around $3500.

Try not to let emotions get you.. The CBRs are out there for $3999 - no other fees.. if you look for them and yet people here are paying over $5000 before taxes. I'll wait until they start hitting the used market and pick one up with 200 miles on it next spring for $2200. I love impulse buyers!:D

#9 ·
JPC,i hear u,but i was impatient,i should have waited for the cbr,but like i said in previous remark,maybe im lazy,but dealing with this traffic along the jerseyshore,i really dont want to shift anymore,but---i will keep this bike until its paid,then i will regroup with my screwed up thinking,and think next time before i lay all that cash down.---hopefully honda will come out with a 125cc ruckus,it looks like a mini chopper,i just want one for the laugh and fun factor,and to see the look on my co.workers faces,when they say,ducati to a scooter,:eek:

#10 ·
Unless you get a minimum 250cc scooter you probaly wont be happy with its performance and handling. Thats why I say the CBR250 is just a scooter on steroids that handles amazingly well. For an auto, try the Honda VFR1200F, you can get it with an auto trans complete with paddle shifters for a measly msrp of around 17k.
PS. Jersey I tried to tell ya to wait;)

#11 ·
PS. Jersey I tried to tell ya to wait;)

u and my wife both,lol,---damm italians,lol,jk,i love italians,and the irish---dont get me wrong,the bike handles unreal,i even drove down a road here ,thats called scenic drive overlooking manhattan skyline on the jersey side of course,and talk about twisties,bike is soo light,and tires hug the road.I think it all comes down to the money right now,i lost touch of the whole idea i wanted the honda cbr 250r,i had just sold my gas guzzling chevy tahoe,it had a 8inch lift on it,it got about 8mpg,so i had a cool 5 k to pay off the little cbr,but nooo,honda had to make a impatient man wait,and the money burned a hole in my pocket,who want to trade,my ducati for your cbr 250--plus--a honda ruckus---done deal,lol

#13 ·
Kinda in the same boat as you. Bought the Sportster in January and then found out I hated it and got the CBR. Contrary to popular belief Harleys dont hold onto there value because theres thousands of late model low mileage used ones everywhere around here. So I just gave it to the wife.
See if your wife wants a Ducati!

#14 ·
thanks madd trap,that did make me feel alot better,i have to show my wife this post about your bike u bought in jan,and now dont care for it.she keeps telling me im bi--polar,lol:mad::confused::Dand that they make pills for people like me,cant stop laughing,she told me to go in the garage and sleep with my bike ,before she went to bed,if i could fit a bed in there i would,i love the bike,i just think it came down to her bitching and about the money.so what im i gonna do,spend more,i just saw boom tubes for my ducati,they look sick,and they sell a 1 sided swing arm that accepts a 300 mm tire:eek:,looks crazy cool,maybe i just have to mod it up,have some fun ,then sell it,and wait for the 125 aprilia coming out next yr,now were talking:cool:

#16 ·
It is nice to know I am not the only one who works 12's for a living and lifts 2 or more hours of course I have to get it started by 230am and be done by 445am in time to make it to work. I have kids so lifting can not get in the way of family time.
With that being said I understand your need to have something now. You work all these days and are bottled up and then you want to vent when you are not working. I have the same problem and right now I am still wating on a ABS cbr250r. I spend my wating time on doing research on protective gear that I will need since this is my first bike, it wets my palet enough to wait a bit more. Lucky for me it has been doing nothing but raining lately so I dont miss haveing a bike as much.
One word of advice is listen to your wife and take her advise to heart when it comes to money issues, remeber you are supposed to be working towards the same goal what ever that goal maybe. Often then not it ends up better for the pocket book as well as the marriage.

#17 ·
If I left any money decisions up to my wife we'd be bankrupt. The best thing do do is have your own pocket book. If my wife goes out and spends her money I dont care. Heck she has more invested in HD leathers and clothes then what the Sportsters worth.
But since I pay all the bills theres no asking anyone when I want to spend. It helps that im frugal, since shes not.

#21 ·
Way too top heavy and the seating position and suspension are horrible for me. When I sat on it in the show room it seemed fine. Its not so bad on really smooth roads. You hit the smallest bumps and it goes directly up your spine. I got ran over by a car at work end of Jan and I can tolerate riding the CBR. Even my wife says her GZ250 had a better suspension. Im also going to switch out the drags bars for her to something more pulled back. It is a quick bike but the CBR will out handle it.
If only Harley could put decent shock ons, raise it up, move the foot pegs back a little, and lose 50lbs by replacing all the heavy steel with modern plastics and alloys.
Once I get rid of my Volusia i may consider picking up a VRod. I will still keep my CBR.

#27 ·
I HAVE A BRAND NEW DUCATI IN THE GARAGE,AND I CANT GET MY MIND OFF A CBR OR A SCOOTER,I NEED HELP,LOL
Scooters are the way to go for city/traffic!! I own three scooters...and I would rather ride any one of them in traffic over my bikes.. In fact sometimes when I'm on one of my scooters I wonder why I'm still interested in motorcycles.. Scooters are easier to ride, more relaxing and depending on the bike, much easier on your ass..... however, I will say that the cruiser seating position- outstretched legs of many scooters.. is only comfortable for short trips... a back rest is a must for longer trips.

#28 ·
sorry to hear your dilemma man! I know how it feels to purchase a bike you THINK you want, get it home, and then discover its the wrong choice. I did that last season and put up with the thing and frankly just could'nt get into it so traded it off on the cbr. Have not looked back lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.