Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
In my opinion it is NOT the same dimensions. It is best to measure the sprocket that on your motorcycle, because maybe more changes/Modification have already been made to your motorcycle. Also you should have to check that it fits according to the model year, because in models from different years sometimes the dimensions are also different.
Note
1. Changing the gear ratio will cause the speedometer to fake, because the speedometer reads the speed according to the engine RPM.
2. Another problem, as a result of changing the diameters of the sprockets the chain also changes its place, and it can damage other parts of the motorcycle and cause them damage.
View attachment 44833
What is the pros and cons... Please share..

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
317 Posts
What is the pros and cons... Please share..
Regarding the Sprocket Ratio I have nothing to add to my quoted post you attached to your comment.

And maybe I did not understand the question? Do you want to insert a 150 cc engine into a 250 cc motorcycle frame?
I do not know this issue, if it is the same chassis and the exact same structure in the other parts, then there will be no problem, but usually need the approval of the authorized authority for such a changes. Except for shortening the CBR250R kickstand to improve parking stability
Overall I do not find benefits in dramatic changing. Cosmetic changes is according to what you like, changes in the technical specifications in my opinion are not recommended.

A manufacturer does a great job of fitting the components he chooses to a particular motorcycle model he is building, and if you want improvements in the technical specifications, in my opinion, you should buy a motorcycle whose original technical specifications are at a higher level.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Regarding the Sprocket Ratio I have nothing to add to my quoted post you attached to your comment.

And maybe I did not understand the question? Do you want to insert a 150 cc engine into a 250 cc motorcycle frame?
I do not know this issue, if it is the same chassis and the exact same structure in the other parts, then there will be no problem, but usually need the approval of the authorized authority for such a changes. Except for shortening the CBR250R kickstand to improve parking stability
Overall I do not find benefits in dramatic changing. Cosmetic changes is according to what you like, changes in the technical specifications in my opinion are not recommended.

A manufacturer does a great job of fitting the components he chooses to a particular motorcycle model he is building, and if you want improvements in the technical specifications, in my opinion, you should buy a motorcycle whose original technical specifications are at a higher level.
Sorry my question is completely different. Below is my question

I want to change the 38T to 43T sprocket on my Honda CBR250R

If I change the rear sprocket to 43T, what is the advantage and disadvantage of it?
(Rear sprocket modify only)

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
317 Posts
Sorry my question is completely different. Below is my question

I want to change the 38T to 43T sprocket on my Honda CBR250R

If I change the rear sprocket to 43T, what is the advantage and disadvantage of it?
(Rear sprocket modify only)
OK Thanks

The transition from 38 teeth to 43 teeth in the rear wheel will increase the final transmission ratio from 38/14 (2.714), to 43/14 (3.071) a change of 13%. The change will effects on:
1. The drive chain will lengthen (need to replace it).
2. Each gear will have more power.
3. The final speed will decrease.
4. The engine will run at a higher RPM.
5. Wear and tear will be higher.
6. The speedometer that reads the speed according to the engine RPM and not according to the front wheel RMP, the meter will fake and show a speed that is higher than reality.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts