Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I drain oil from a 2011 Honda cbr 250rr? And how much do I let out if I put too much in the first place? Pictures would help, I'm a complete newbie...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Hi Ssbug and welcome to the forum.
First of all you don't have a 2011 CBR 250rr but a CBR 250RA or CBR 250R depending on whether you've got ABS or not. There is no 2011 rr. ;)
Here is a link to the service manual which also includes oil draining. http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owning_a_honda/owners_manuals/motorcycles/CBR250R-RA 32KYJE000.pdf
If I was you I would drain the oil and refill just the amount you need.

Just as a heads up: If you should ever change your oil and filter make sure you install the filter in the correct way. If the filter gets installed backwards (and it will just fit in nicely without giving you any warning) you pretty much destroy your engine. Quite a few CBRs have died this death.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
(SNIP)
Just as a heads up: If you should ever change your oil and filter make sure you install the filter in the correct way. If the filter gets installed backwards (and it will just fit in nicely without giving you any warning) you pretty much destroy your engine. Quite a few CBRs have died this death.
This!
PSA for sure...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts