Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi guys, finally I've found my laptop measures:
Width: 13.1"/335mm
Depth: 9.37"/238mm

Do you think it would fit, as far as saddlebags are not square?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi guys, finally I've found my laptop measures:
Width: 13.1"/335mm
Depth: 9.37"/238mm

Do you think it would fit, as far as saddlebags are not square?
Carter - I believe one alternative is to buy the C-Bow accessory connectors and screw them into any motorcycle saddlebag of your choosing, and then you can snap them into the C-Bow holders on the bike.

HEPCO BECKER C-Bow adapter for side bags | Polo-Motorrad

Mike

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
My sons 14 inch laptop is 9.6 inches by 13.5 inches and it barely fits with the bag expanded and the laptop leaning to get it in. Your laptop is not that much smaller and I would still say don't buy these bags and expect to be happy carrying your laptop.

I like the idea of using your own case with the C-Bow accessory connectors. Here is are picture I found where it had been done.

http://www.diavelforum.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=6534&d=1361114758

http://www.diavelforum.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=6536&d=1361114758

·
Registered
40 Posts
Carter - I believe one alternative is to buy the C-Bow accessory connectors and screw them into any motorcycle saddlebag of your choosing, and then you can snap them into the C-Bow holders on the bike.

HEPCO BECKER C-Bow adapter for side bags | Polo-Motorrad

Mike

Cool!!! Didn't know about those "adaptors"!! I really like 'em! Maybe I would try them with some hard cases, nice!

Thanks a lot Mike!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cool!!! Didn't know about those "adaptors"!! I really like 'em! Maybe I would try them with some hard cases, nice!

Thanks a lot Mike!!

Hold on Mike! Are you sure that is sold is the saddlebag part to be screwed? Looks like this is the bow part, to be fitted into universal racks or something like this...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hold on Mike! Are you sure that is sold is the saddlebag part to be screwed? Looks like this is the bow part, to be fitted into universal racks or something like this...
I looked again. It seems to be what I described. Here is what the link says:

H&B C-Bow-Adapter

Adapter enabling the use of Hepco & Becker saddelbags without the C-Bow to the C-Bow holder.

I found a fellow on the following site who indicated that he has used the adapter for this purpose.

C-Bow Carrier + C-Bow Adapter Hepco & Becker

"Today I purchased the C-bow Carrier and C-Bow adapter for my guzzi 1200 sport. This is a system of fixing of soft panniers revolutionary and aesthetically effective. The carrier should be fitted with Hepco & Becker bags but there is an adapter for each type of soft bags, to be installed with screws to the side bags."

Carrier

http://i54.tinypic.com/2llm04n.jpg

Adapter

http://i51.tinypic.com/sxjifp.jpg

Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
You're right Mike! Yesterday I spent some time with Polo-Motorrad contact person and found out what they sell is adaptor por any saddlebag. I wasn't sure as far as pics are not very descriptive...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok guys! Just ordered C-Bow carrier and adaptors, and some small panniers. Hope everything will work together with some home improvement... hahaha!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok guys! Finally H&B holders and brackets arrived! I decided to install some hard panniers instead of softbags. Bought some Givi E22N, which are quite small but big enough for me. They also got the Monokey system, so if I ever change my bike I can still use them.
These are the cases:

Back of pannier is almost flat, so H&B holders can be easily bolted:

H&B holders are sold per units, so I had to buy two. Sad news because each one comes with its own key, it would be nice to have only one key for everything. Anyway, that's what is included when you buy those Hepco & Becker C-Bow Holders:

I didn't shot photos to bike brackets, but they are just standard Hepco & Becker C-Bows fot CBR250R, no changes needed.

Now, start home improvement. Easy and fast, just bolt H&B holders into hard panniers. Using the holder as a pattern, drill some holes into pannier:

Then just bolt holder:

This is how the inside looks like:

And that's all! Just fit them on the bike! I'm sorry I don't have detailed photos of panniers attached, there's not much light at home parking:

I came to work this morning with them. Near 40km, including highway -120/130kmh- with no problem, no vibrations, just fine. The only thing I don't like is panniers are placer a bit higher than expected, and doesn't look as good as I wanted. But anyway looks really "stock", very clean and ssmart. Really happy with this!!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I agree, they would look better mounted lower, but at least you are getting the right hand bag further from the exhaust.

I like my E21s fine, but I would have bought those E22Ns in a heartbeat, had they been available last summer. A nice looking shape for our bikes, and additional litre of space in each one!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks great. Just curious is there a way to lock up the bags? Would like that option so I can leave stuff on the bike and avoid theft.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
The bags are locked to the frames. To lock the main compartment, you could use a small padlock through both zippers. Personally I think locking soft bags is like locking a convertible- very easy to break in, destroying the bags and losing the items. I'd rather just take valuables with me, or hide them in a hidden layer on the bottom. Also, the visible presence of zipper locks just invites curiosity about what's inside.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts