Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here I am, complaining again... (but feeling better!)

I thought when I became a "premium" (paid money) member, these irritating advertisements (like below EVERY picture) would GO AWAY!

Doesn't seem to be the case. I'm glad I didn't waste my money on a lifetime membership. I doubt I will give them any more of my money next year.

But I still love the bike. And this forum, compared to the seemingly deceased CBR250R.com at least has lots of activity.

<*sigh*>

·
Registered
601 Posts
You should have waited until the give away the www.cbr250r.net stickers away when you pay for a subscription!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I thought they say you get what you pay for LOL. I know , Just tell them you want your money back because you don't want those pesky ads poping up in front of your eyes. How ignoring it must be .

I will never understand why people pay for stuff like this when advertisers paid for it already. I rather keep that money for fuel to ride my motorcycle.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well guess what? I went into my Control Panel and the very first selection under "Your Profile" is "Edit Your Details".
Scroll down to the third section - "Additional Information" and the first option there is
"IntelliTXT Ads". Click on the little circle to "Disable the IntelliTXT Advertising".

I'm getting happier all the time! :D

I don't know if this is a Premium Member only option or not.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Well guess what? I went into my Control Panel and the very first selection under "Your Profile" is "Edit Your Details".
Scroll down to the third section - "Additional Information" and the first option there is
"IntelliTXT Ads". Click on the little circle to "Disable the IntelliTXT Advertising".

I'm getting happier all the time! :D

I don't know if this is a Premium Member only option or not.
Thanks for that. I'm an unpaid member, and this option is available to me. What "IntelliTXT Ads" are, I don't know, but I've disabled them anyway.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that. I'm an unpaid member, and this option is available to me. What "IntelliTXT Ads" are, I don't know, but I've disabled them anyway.
It also (for me on my PC) put a very irritating one-line pop-up ad under every picture someone posted here, be it in a thread on in the photo gallery.

There would also appear a double-underline under certain key-words in a posts text, and if your mouse pointer happened to hit one accidentally a medium-sized box would open up with an ad. Very annoying.

All gone with that option! :D:cool:

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
It also (for me on my PC) put a very irritating one-line pop-up ad under every picture someone posted here, be it in a thread on in the photo gallery.

There would also appear a double-underline under certain key-words in a posts text, and if your mouse pointer happened to hit one accidentally a medium-sized box would open up with an ad. Very annoying.

All gone with that option! :D:cool:
Yes, you're right. They've gone. Hallelujah, they were really annoying. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts