Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor in the blogosphere is that Honda will release genuine accessories for the CBR250 along with the bike. Here's an excerpt from one blog:

Honda CBR250R 2011 optional Accessories As we seen in case of Honda VFR1200F the new CBR250R also going to have accessories list like a purpose designed tail pack, a carbon look seat cowl, wheel rim stickers, tank protection and a u lock designed to fit under the seat of the CBR250R.
I think the tail pack will be pretty cool, since storage space is always a premium.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Any idea how much space you get with the tail pack? A lot of the ones I've seen for other sportbikes can easily fit a laptop on each side.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rumor in the blogosphere is that Honda will release genuine accessories for the CBR250 along with the bike. Here's an excerpt from one blog:

I think the tail pack will be pretty cool, since storage space is always a premium.

Will the CBR have a center stand option?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Pardon my "newness". Just looking into getting into riding and really leaning towards getting this bike as my first. But anyways. Probaly going to sound stupid but what's a u lock?

·
Registered
69 Posts
that won't help against anyone who is serious about stealing bikes..

Where there's a will there's a way... So deterrents can help move some people along to another opportunity of convenience, but I believe unless you set your bike to explode if it senses: people or things near it as well as removing the engine, wheels, gas tank, and frame then your bike is never totally secure.

You need to do these as a minimum if you even care a little about your bike.

To be serious, I agree with the idea of having multiple devices to deter a potential thief. There is truly nothing you CAN do to 100% prevent a bike from being stolen other than not buy one....but even then, what if someone steals your identity to buy a bike- then it get's stolen! So we are all screwed and really should just go live in the mountains off the grid.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Oh, I see.

Don't bike keys have embedded microchips in them like cars keys that won't allow it to start even if you hotwire it anyways?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh, I see.

Don't bike keys have embedded microchips in them like cars keys that won't allow it to start even if you hotwire it anyways?
Some do - and some manufacturers offer it as an option (HD) but check out some of the BWM forums to see what happens when the device fails.

·
Registered
57 Posts
the thing is is can take two guys with experience to load up a bike into a pickup only a matter of seconds and they can have at whatever parts of the bike they want. whether they can start it up or use it for parts. make sure you're insured :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
the thing is is can take two guys with experience to load up a bike into a pickup only a matter of seconds and they can have at whatever parts of the bike they want. whether they can start it up or use it for parts. make sure you're insured :)
Exactly!

I had a coworker who had a GXR 600 stolen from our "secured", covered parking garage a couple of years ago exactly this way.

Based on my first hand experience with BMW's and Harley's security systems, I prefer not to have a integrated ignition security system. In fact, I was willing to end wait several months to get my current XR so that I could get it without HD's security system.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
that won't help against anyone who is serious about stealing bikes..
That will protect against an opportunist thief.

I have had two bikes stolen, both in England.

One was chained to a steel fence. A determined thief used bolt-cutters to break the chain; the bike was probably stolen to order. The police found it several months later, but said it was not worth recovering.

The second was stolen when I stopped for two or three minutes at a newsagent. My guess it that it was an opportunist thief after a "joy ride". I came out and all I had left was the key, which was unnecessary anyway. The bike was old and the lock was worn out. A coin would have turned it. The police never found that one, to my knowledge.

For most small bikes (at least) "hot wiring" is as simple as disconnecting the ignition switch. Switching the bike off shorts out the ignition system. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of the wiring system can have the bike going it in a few seconds.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I got the rear seat cowl from Honda today, Cost me $300AUD ouch. Also waiting on the tinted screen which is much cheaper at $30AUD!!!

Pics...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Carbon Print only.

They are OEM from honda themselfs

1 - 20 of 31 Posts