Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update!

My "boy" is finally home from is "spa" time. His new tinted windscreen shd be in a week or so then he's done for a bit. Following mods so far

Yosh full system exhaust
Bazzaz ZFI
Yosh frame sliders
Rear cowl
Powder coated rims
Powder coated rearsets
Powder coated levers

Tinted screen on order, arriving next week

·
Registered
636 Posts
very sharp..makes all the difference in the world when you coat the rearsets wheels and levers and the exhaust tops it off..looks awesome

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^thanks. The smoked windscreen will tie the whole look in nicely.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Love the look of the carbon fiber yoshi pipe. Wish there were more real carbon fiber things for these.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oh my... That looks great! I now have a list of things I want to do to mine [black as well]. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Just got my wife's black CBR delivered tonight. I had told her that I wanted to swap the silver parts on my Red/Silver CBR for the black ones on hers. One look at the all black bike and she was all "I want more of it black, not more of it silver. I'm not swapping parts" Wouldn't be surprised if she asked me about powder coating soon.

Your bike looks great! Now get out there and ride it!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^elected not to DIY tint but ordered a new smoked windscreen. Shd be in next week.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got my wife's black CBR delivered tonight. I had told her that I wanted to swap the silver parts on my Red/Silver CBR for the black ones on hers. One look at the all black bike and she was all "I want more of it black, not more of it silver. I'm not swapping parts" Wouldn't be surprised if she asked me about powder coating soon.

Your bike looks great! Now get out there and ride it!
Is she excited her bike finally arrived? She's had to wait awhile. I'm completely supportive of her all black theme. Much more versatile with matching gear etc lol Sorry your plan of swapping plastics has gone awray ha ha (but then you DID hide her gulf clubs:D)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Love the look of the carbon fiber yoshi pipe. Wish there were more real carbon fiber things for these.
I agree. The 250 is such a smart looking bike so I would rather keep it simple and classy. I like the carbon fiber look but not much product to choose from

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Is she excited her bike finally arrived? She's had to wait awhile. I'm completely supportive of her all black theme. Much more versatile with matching gear etc lol Sorry your plan of swapping plastics has gone awray ha ha (but then you DID hide her gulf clubs:D)
Very excited, except, due to weather and scheduling, she probably won't get to ride until next week sometime. Yes, she's had to wait. With the weather being so good so early, there was a bbacklog of bikes coming out of storage.

Not too worried about the plastics because, as it turns out, the guy who sold us the bikes bought a black CBR250r for himself and wants to make his black/silver, and obviously, mine would then be red/black. The plus side of this deal is that I think we'll make the swap at the dealer, but for free. (probably more than you wanted to know about this. LOL)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very excited, except, due to weather and scheduling, she probably won't get to ride until next week sometime. Yes, she's had to wait. With the weather being so good so early, there was a bbacklog of bikes coming out of storage.

Not too worried about the plastics because, as it turns out, the guy who sold us the bikes bought a black CBR250r for himself and wants to make his black/silver, and obviously, mine would then be red/black. The plus side of this deal is that I think we'll make the swap at the dealer, but for free. (probably more than you wanted to know about this. LOL)

Glad you shared:D Seems it's turning out you get your plastics after all. Everyones happy. Red/black theme is much better than red/silver. Vivid. Keep me posted how your wife does?? Both of you must be looking forward to riding together. Cool!

·
Registered
928 Posts

Which dealer you get yours at?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
^Des Plaines Honda. Small shop, but I really like them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks good man. nice work.
But, is it possible to get your review for Bazzaz ZFI unit?
Is it working properly? Any increases in performance? how is it?
Your comments will be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Here they are together at last. @LTR Note that those are her golf clubs in the background :p

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Bike looks incredible, live-to...

Notice any performance change with the Bazzazz and new pipe?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks good man. nice work.
But, is it possible to get your review for Bazzaz ZFI unit?
Is it working properly? Any increases in performance? how is it?
Your comments will be appreciated.
Thanks.[/QUOT

If you're asking for a printout report I have'nt got one at this point. The exhaust system was installed last summer around june. I noticed immediately a much smoother and responsive throttle which IMO was a big improvement pre-exhaust change. Also, I have noticed increased torque on the low to mid-range and in my case close to the top end as well. Mind you, I do not tend to ride continuously at 150kph. I feel the bike is more snappy, much lighter as the stock exhaust was a pig at 30lbs, and frankly, the Yosh is easier on the eyes. The Bazzaz IMO is doing its job. But, honestly, I'm not a gear head. :cool:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts