Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've been reading the forum a lot in advance of my MSF class next weekend. I'm strongly leaning towards the cbr as my first bike and am going to the dealership to check one out for the first time later today.

I'm really excited about the class and hopefully becoming official shortly afterwards. Like a lot of you I was also considering the ninja but FI and low end torque seem like big positives.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hi everyone. I've been reading the forum a lot in advance of my MSF class next weekend. I'm strongly leaning towards the cbr as my first bike and am going to the dealership to check one out for the first time later today.

I'm really excited about the class and hopefully becoming official shortly afterwards. Like a lot of you I was also considering the ninja but FI and low end torque seem like big positives.
Welcome and enjoy that course!

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/honda-c...4-why-did-you-buy-honda-instead-kawasaki.html

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings VUD,

Welcome to the Forum. A+ on the MSF Class. Best of Luck on your decission to purchase a cbr.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I went to the dealership and saw it in person for the first time. They had the tri color out but had the other colors in stock but in crates still. The sales guy didn't know anything (abs, fi) but he nonetheless recommended the cbr over the ninja. I told him I'd come back after the class. Looking at all the gear was kind of overwhelming lol.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome VUD...

I have some good news for you -- I'm in Atlanta as well (north metro - Alpharetta/Suwanee/John's Creek area). I took the MSF course a while ago at the Alpharetta facility, and was there again today, for a more advanced class. Since I took the basic BRC class, they've gotten in a number of CBR250r bikes, so you can actually take it on the bike you may be buying. I would contact them in advance, and see if they can make sure you get one of the CBR's (they also use Honda 230 Motards).

So, welcome to the forum, and best of luck with your class, and whatever you decide to buy... (although choosing the CBR would clearly establish your taste, integrity, Zen, and grounded sensibilities...)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks BKP, that would be awesome if my class used the cbr250; I'll call them on Monday and ask. Did you take it through the state? I'm taking the DMV course at conyers (we live near downtown Decatur in Oakhurst).

Are there group rides or anything in the area or north georgia. Once I know what I'm doing I'd definitely like to do that and also take it to the track.

·
Registered
455 Posts
VUD im in Atlanta. My 250 has been converted over to track though.
The CBR is much better daily bike than the ninja.
Also the MSF classes here use Honda CB 150's form the 80's. they resemble a moped more than a motorcycle. MY little CBR 250 felt HUGE after a day on those bikes.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I haven't even taken the class yet but I already bought some gear. I ordered boots and gloves, both of which should arrive today actually. I was afraid they would run out of my size lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts