Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Im 17 from Australia and want to get into sport bike riding.

Looking at the CBR250R because it was recommended highly by alot of people

I am looking at a brand new model as they are only around $750-1000 more than a second hand one. It would put me at peace of mind as well.

Anyway yeah, love the tri colour but it doesn't come in the ABS model Is the ABS really good? is it really needed? I know it well help me in certain situations. I like all the colours to be honest but I love the tri colour, then the red / silver then black. But honestly i think the colours: white and the red ones are better for safety.

Does it sound like a proper bike or not because some people said because its only one cylinder it sounds like a dirt bike :S I dont want that really :S

Also any mods that can show the gear and does the bike have indicator lights like on the dash of the bike where the speedometer is?

Any ideas, ABS or not? good bike or not? I don't like the sound to much but I love the bike. Don't like the ninja cause its not FI'd in Australia. New or not? anything else I should know / change on the bike?

Thanks, sorry for the weird and somewhat dumb questions but I just want to roughly put in my head what I want and need.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings christrails,

Welcome to the Forum. If you don't like a Thumper, the cbr is not for you.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome, Go to your local dealer sit on one and start it up. See if you like the sound and if the bike feels right for you. A.B.S. Is better but not that big of a deal to me. It would not stop me from buying it if it was a non A.B.S. Model. Good luck

·
Registered
306 Posts
thank you,

what do you mean thumper? I ride dirt bikes, will it sound like that? is the Kawasaki ninja the better choice then?
Sounds just like a 250 four stroke dirt bike. Ninja sound almost like a proper sports bike.
Test ride them both and buy the one you like.
As you might imagine a forum dedicated to the CBR is about the most biased opinion you could find.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds just like a 250 four stroke dirt bike. Ninja sound almost like a proper sports bike.
Test ride them both and buy the one you like.
As you might imagine a forum dedicated to the CBR is about the most biased opinion you could find.
Yeah I suppose but in the mornings is it really that bad not having fuel injection? like does it matter if I sit with the choke on and idle for 1 minute or so? I mean its not that bad right? I like the Ninja 250r and the CBR250R :) but I can't decide. Some people say the honda some people say the ninja.

If I like the "sport bike" sound should I get the ninja. I will definitely sit on both of them though but just still not sure. I love both bikes so far just not 100% on the non FI'd ninja.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I suppose but in the mornings is it really that bad not having fuel injection? like does it matter if I sit with the choke on and idle for 1 minute or so? I mean its not that bad right? I like the Ninja 250r and the CBR250R :) but I can't decide. Some people say the honda some people say the ninja.

If I like the "sport bike" sound should I get the ninja. I will definitely sit on both of them though but just still not sure. I love both bikes so far just not 100% on the non FI'd ninja.
I'm starting to like the ninja more now that I look at it. :S I really like both bikes :S

·
Registered
464 Posts
I just bought the Honda but also looked at ninja the guy in the Kawasaki shop suspects we may get the fuel injected ninja in 6 months time. I bought the ABS Red and Silver.
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Whichever one matches your underpants/gives boner that YOU like.
This is not a question anyone else can answer but you.

But what does 'Sounds like a dirtbike' mean?
what sort of dirtbike?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. If you don't like the sound of a thumper don't buy the Honda!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
My Cbr doesnt sound like a dirt bike. Mine actually doesnt sound bad at all. I like the quiet muffler but kinda big.. Cbr has better stlying.
FI is great, dont have to ride around with the choke on when cold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts