Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t even know how to use this forum smh I’m so new to this stuff, my questions is the RED AND BLACK HOSE COMES FROM DRAIN 3, where does it connect to exactly.?I’m cleaning my bike for the 1st time and this alarmed me as it’s just chilling under my seat as is.... can anyone please dictate where I should connect the hose to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should connect to drain-port of battery. If you have AGM or newer-tech battery, they don't have drain-ports, so you can remove that hose.
How can you tell if I have the typ of battery stated. Should I obviously post a pic. Man tbh you’re speaking foreign language 🤔😂. Thanks for the reply Danno! My bikes a 2012 and with 400 miles so I believe and assume everything is original as I bought the bike used and pristine condition, literally with manufacture plastic sticker covering on different parts of the bike. So not sure if I even have the either type of batt mentioned.

·
Registered
164 Posts
remove battery and read every word on all side and it'll tell you lots.
Plug in brand and model into Google search and it'll give you even more detail.

Read up on battery background info here:

When you buy brand-new battery, it usually has rubber-cap over vent nipple (red). You'd pull off cap and connect drain hose to it when installing. Remove your battery and look for that vent nipple.

As you will find in reading those articles, more modern batteries don't have those vent nipples:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts