Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, where are the ladies?!... :)
But yes I'm a new rider. After a pretty bad spill on the west side highway I decided I no longer want to be on the back of a guys bike. Hoping the 250 was a good choice.
Would appreciate any advice you can throw my way, though my main concerns for now are basic necessities after just buying my first bike.
Its been snowing here so it'll probably be sitting for a bit... But so far Ive got: cover, Kryptonite NYC fahgettaboudit chain, Bully Alarm lock with pager, BT Jr, Sta-bil, maxima chain wax, wd 40...

*Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area still getting three hang of this..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of useful information on here; and we're a friendly bunch too :thumbup:

Ride safe, far and often.

Best, Auckland, NZ

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey!

I don't post here much anymore, but lurk/read through since it's a good forum with mostly nice people that give helpful advice.

I know this since I joined once upon a time when I had the 250. Great bike. Mine ultimately got stolen (williamsburg) and I took the chance to move to a Ninja 650. I think my only "complaint" was that on longer trips through Jersey or out to LI or somewheres, the bike was a little gutless after about 70mph (and some jerkoff was on your tail). BQE was no thang, and beyond that, loved that thing to death.

Anyway, will chime in if I have some NYC-centric advice, beyond get a garage or just lock it up real good and insure the hell out of it. I tried to keep my Ninja on the street and people kept stealing parts off of it, so now it lives in a garage I pay too much for. And yes, ******************** this snow, want to ride already!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome! I lived upstate in Saratoga years ago. I know you are not blessed with year-round motorcycle weather but I'm sure you will make the best of what you have.

What's everyone going to tell you here? Helmet, gloves, jacket, pants get proper ones and rider training . . . plasti-dip is for electrical tools, not motorcycles . . .don't waste your money on synthetic oil . . . CBR250R is great(which is why we ride them to the EXCLUSION OF ANY OTHER Motorcycle) . . . and, yes the exhaust is ugly. I think I got it all ;)

I wish you a good ride in April or May when the weather clears.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mandasavi, Welcome from the Left Coast ,Congrats on the new bike, good move to a great bike, What Color? Always better to be a rider than a passenger, I think riding on the back of somebody else's bike is scarier than Public Speaking, You will probably NEVER ride on the back EVER again! Have Fun, Be Safe, looking forward to hearing about your new Adventures, Lots of Knowledge Here, (not me, I just learn from these guys) lots of guys with tons of modding experience and tech knowhow, Pick their brains!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the CBR250 family. Get some decent protective gear for the ride. A good pair of boots, riding pants and jacket, gloves and a good helmet.
When the winter is over in the NY area find a track day near by go do it. It's the very best way to improve your skills quickly. Your stock CBR250 is very fast in stock form from the factory. You will love your new bike even more.
Good luck.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Welcome aboard.

During the winter storms you can search through these forums and catch up on some reading. Get some riding gear and take a Basic Riders Course. That should be your top two priorities.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Welcome, and yes far safer with your own bike!
sounds like your priorities are in order re the necessities :)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Firstly, where are the ladies?!... :)
Would appreciate any advice you can throw my way

*Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area still getting three hang of this..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Welcome from Queensland, Australia! Advise would be always wear your gear, always. If you want a bit of a performance boost, get a 13T front sprocket and SpeedoDRD to correct the speedometer.

Just read through threads, and learn, that's what I did. Be safe and enjoy!

Don't forget to post pics of you, and your bike. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts