Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 250r (Red/silver) last week, best purchase ever :)

I was rained out the first few days...but put on about 90 miles the last 2.

I had a used Yamaha Vino 125 before this so that got me the balance and feel of 2 wheeled transportation, but this is my first bike with...gears. Also my first new motorized vehicle. Knowing what to expect from a moving 2 wheeled vehicle from my scooter experience was very helpful though I think, it let me focus more on learning to shift. I was shifting up and down all 6 gears perfectly before my odometer read 000003 :) (aside from the occasional starting from 2nd thinking its first and stalling it, only did that a couple times though :p )

So anyways, in terms of breaking it in properly...I have been trying to shift between 5k and 7k rpm, and cruise at 4k-5k as much as I can. Of course it's my first sportbike and I can't help myself ALL the time, I have given it some oomph a couple times, but never past 8k if even that high, and literally like three times because I'm terrified of damaging something.

Hows my break in meathod? Am I babying it too much? Or would that even make a difference?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congrats on the new bike!

Before anyone else chimes in, I should warn you: everyone seems to have their own opinion of what constitutes a proper break-in. And it often conflicts with everyone else's. In the case of the CBR250 it's especially bad because the manual is so vague. Further, the topic has been beaten to death on this forum, so go fetch your asbestos underwear if you have them and then go seek out the other threads on the topic.

To answer your questions: You don't seem to be doing anything wrong. You won't damage anything by riding it normally during the break-in period.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts