Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am from California, and do not actually own a 250R, but I think they are great bikes. I am working on modeling a hybrid motorcycle for a college class and may try to use a 250R engine as the engine for it, more about that later when I post in the forum. Anyway, hi everyone!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings cbryeaw,

Welcome to the Forum.

Some details about the motorcycle project you are working on would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome. Sounds interesting.

I don't own a 250 either...yet. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My project group is working on modeling a 250 ICE with an electric motor and batteries on a CBR600RR size bike to improve gas mileage while still keeping very sporty performance. We aren't actually building it at this point, just doing computer simulations, writing control algorithms, and looking at results to see how much we can improve the efficiency. We are also looking at a front wheel drive type system to improve regenerative braking efficiency possibly using a Christini type mechanical linkage to a motor, and being able to drive the front wheel with the motor to improve traction. We are still looking at different designs.

In order to do this we need to get some fuel consumption information for the ICE, and I posted a request in the Performance section seeing if someone has the information or is able to measure it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts