Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just picked up my cbr from the dealer. My first bike + first time I drove in BKK, made it quite an experience!

I am also having a issue with finding first, I put it into neutral sometimes when I am at the lights. Then when I hit down for first nothing happens, stays in neutral. I have have to take off in second.

This has got to be my fault right? Probably going to regret posting this in a couple of weeks.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Welcome! I am not an expert rider but do try to find first way before the light changes and just keep it on there with the clutch in. Maybe someone else can give you a good tip on how to find first?? I'm in Roi Et btw if you are ever in Issan let me know!

·
Registered
96 Posts
First off: Welcome

Second: There is tons of good info here. The search button is your friend.

Third: I asked this same question. You should keep it in gear in order to make a swift exit if needed but in those cases you do throw it in neutral at a light let out the clutch a bit and then downshift. I guess this is true for most motorcycles. I tried it and it works every time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! I am not an expert rider but do try to find first way before the light changes and just keep it on there with the clutch in. Maybe someone else can give you a good tip on how to find first?? I'm in Roi Et btw if you are ever in Issan let me know!
I have to keep in in gear now out of fear! Sometimes your waiting about 5 mins for lights to change in bkk, this is a little annoying after a while. I will let you know if am ever up that way!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Third: I asked this same question. You should keep it in gear in order to make a swift exit if needed but in those cases you do throw it in neutral at a light let out the clutch a bit and then downshift. I guess this is true for most motorcycles. I tried it and it works every time.
Thanks for the tip! Going to try that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for the clutch tip, saved me making an arse out myself at the dealers!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome. Even if it's uncomfortable to keep the clutch pulled in, you should leave it in gear, and watch your mirrors. Much more uncomfortable having a car ram you. Defensive riding is key. The cagers aren't watching for bikes.

Stay safe. Congrats on the new ride! I love the little CBR. Don't have one yet though.
You are lucky! :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Clutch out and back in always works for me, ive noticed its alot better since the bike has done more mileage, that or clutch plate damage :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
The tip I got when I posted a similar thread is to let the clutch out by about a third and then put it into gear. It works, and is so much more elegant than stomping on the **** thing :). Eventually you find the sweet spot. It's just a matter of trying out at exactly what point your clutch lets it in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts