Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my CBR250 three weeks ago and have a lot of fun with it. To all Swiss CBR250 bikers:plse join the forum to exchange your experiences, etc.

Ich chan natürli au tüütsch rede:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Matthias,

what part of Switzerland are you in. I am just over the border in Italy (near Swiss border) but often go into Switzerland to ride in the mountains.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi nice to meet you from Australia and Northern Italy. My bike is black. I live in the neighbourhood of Zurich. Yesterday I went to Schwyz, which is in the Alps. Today I am going south to the Gotthard (which is also in the alps). Switzerland is small, therefore a lot of things are in the Alps :D

Mprmiksuk: do you live close to Como, Lago Maggiore or more close to Tirano.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Got my CBR250 three weeks ago and have a lot of fun with it. To all Swiss CBR250 bikers:plse join the forum to exchange your experiences, etc.

Ich chan natürli au tüütsch rede:)
Yeah, gidday Matthais. You do have a great part of the world for riding. It is a few years since I was up your way on a 1981 CB250RS. That was back in the mid '90s. Some great memories. On my first night in Switzerland I made camp on the bank of Lac Leman, not far from Geneva. It was dark when I pitched my tent because I had planned to stop in Bern, but I didn't like it much there, so traveled on. I was surprised by the big fish in the lake when I got up in the morning.

A Thai friend who went there on her first trip outside Thailand was not impressed by Bern either..... she liked the country generally, but described Bern as the armpit of Switzerland!

I just posted a piece I wrote about one day in the area in mpmiksuak's thread about breaking in horses or something like that. Off topic I know, but you know, some topics are like flogging a dead horse, so thought I would change the subject a bit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Matthias I am near Como. I know the San Gottard area fairly well. Have been on my motorbike around there as well as mountainbiking. Next time you are near the Swiss Italian border let me know, we could meet up. A lot of the high passes are open now too since the weather warmed up and it stopped raining.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Michael - I for my part would love to give you a little bit of Bern in exchange for some parts of Phuket.
Sunday I was on the famous Klausenpass - you might know, its a little dangerous and scaring there, because of the missing security equipment and steep hills

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Matthias I am near Como. I know the San Gottard area fairly well. Have been on my motorbike around there as well as mountainbiking. Next time you are near the Swiss Italian border let me know, we could meet up. A lot of the high passes are open now too since the weather warmed up and it stopped raining.
Gottardo is in the middle, but lake of Como is very nice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi nice to meet you from Australia and Northern Italy. My bike is black. I live in the neighbourhood of Zurich. Yesterday I went to Schwyz, which is in the Alps. Today I am going south to the Gotthard (which is also in the alps). Switzerland is small, therefore a lot of things are in the Alps :D

Mprmiksuk: do you live close to Como, Lago Maggiore or more close to Tirano.
heyo i'm also from zurich, but near the airport :) i'm still learning to ride though. it's my first proper bike since i rode pocket-dirtbikes when i was 12 :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hallo makaTony,

nice to meet also some Swiss guys. I am also still learning. As a teenager I had a MotoGuzzi motocross, which gave me the **** of work to keep it going. Then my best friend had a bad accident and I stopped riding, then I became father with all its colors around it and now I need to make the A license due to changed roules in Strassenverkehrsgesetz. Anyway its good to have lessons and instructions from the long year drivers. Usually, but not the next 2.5 weeks, I go to the Manövertraining of Fahrschule Mannhard in Örlikon on Monday and/or Wednesday at 6 pm. Almost everyday I drive for 1-2 hours after work at 5.30 starting also in Örlikon, sometimes going to the airport region, but also Weinigen and Albispass.

·
Registered
33 Posts
okay cool :)
i've checked their grundkurs dates but they are so far apart. i will probably do mine with alex weith in regensdorf mid august. until then ride, ride and ride ;)
with whom did you do your grundkurs?

·
745 Posts
Where's Switzerland? Can I ride there from North Carolina?

yes, I'm kidding! - but it is high on my list of places I'd like to go. Did get to sit next to an unbelievably beautiful Swiss lady on a flight not long ago, that's the closest I've been....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am just in South Beach Miami for vacations. Some nice fireblades here with 'round forms' on the back seat. :)

Switzerland (Not Swasiland) is of course quite close to North Carolina. This won't be an issue for a Baby Blade!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did my Grundkurs with Ramo (a symphatic Ticinese) in Oerlikon. It was cool, especially for the women. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts