Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Just bought a 2013 CBR250R. Been laid down pretty hard so I got a decent deal on it. Looking forward to having some fun on this thing once the handlebars are fixed.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
318 Posts
Hi all! Just bought a 2013 CBR250R. Been laid down pretty hard so I got a decent deal on it. Looking forward to having some fun on this thing once the handlebars are fixed.

View attachment 45035
James congratulations on your new motorcycle, and welcome to the forum.
And if it is possible, and please I have a few questions:
1. Can you take a picture of the right handlbar damage in close-up? And add a picture of the whole right-side of the motorcycle ?
2. Can you take a close-up of the shortened tail that shows the details? Are there any winkers?
3. The same goes for the gear foot lever, please a close-up picture on the rod. there is a rust?
4. Note that on the front wheel there are two balancing weights, with a total weight of at least 40 grams, and they are both located around the valve, instead of being opposite to it. So it seems to me that there is a problem. If there is a mark, a color point, on the tire it should be aligned with the valve. Can you take a close look at the color point on the tire and take for us a another close-up pic?
5. What is the use of the contactor near the back leg?
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Vehicle

Thank you very much!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
That looks like the stock front tire, check the date code and make sure it isn't too old, that may have been a contributing factor in the crash, although it also looks like it went offroading..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PO said front tire was replaced last summer. Rear was not. I need to give the whole thing a serious inspection. Already have some of the plastics off. Lots of broken clips and cracks. May leave it naked for a while until i decide where to buy new fairings.

I'll be checking sprockets and chain next. Might resize the sprockets to get a little more oomph off the line. Don't really care about top end or fuel economy at this time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. Can you take a picture of the right handlbar damage in close-up? And add a picture of the whole right-side of the motorcycle ?
Already removed some parts to get the right handle bar off.

Here's a picture of old and new right bar. The 'new' one has a little bend in it, don't know if it is supposed to, but it's useable.

Household hardware Metal Tool Antique Wood

Household hardware Metal Tool Antique Wood

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
318 Posts
The 'new' one has a little bend in it, don't know if it is supposed to, but it's useable.
This pipe bends when the motorcycle falls. Maybe it's a bit bended for me too.
Down and for reference are my handlebars Pics
The original HANDLEBAR pipe is straight, see Part 53100-KYJ-305 (LINK to Partzzila)
Rectangle Font Line Screenshot Parallel

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive fuel system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts