Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about buying an HID kit this weekend and was wondering if anyone has already made the swap and maybe has any pictures of what it looks like and where to mount this box. IF no one has maybe ill make some kind of how to if you all would like that. let me know what you have or what u think.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the factory light is plenty bright enought but i really like that blue light the HID gives off. and not its not a kit for the CBR250R its a H4 Kit which is what our bikes use.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tint blubs are a joke... if there is an HID kit it should be just a slim ballast HID kit and just be plug and play since most HID kits these days are fairly simple and dont need much modifying if any at all..

·
Registered
400 Posts
i was about to buy one,but he only had the low-beam one,meaning it wouldnt turn high beams on if i wanted it to, he said it was bright enough to the point where i wont need high beams,and i told him well high beams are about distance lol..

but yeah the high-low beam set is more expensive.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I've done several HID conversions in the past. I usually would never suggest using them in a non projector housing though. On the bike I've been considering it as I have 2 extra ballasts and I'd only need some $12 bulbs. The site I buy them from carries kits for motorcycles (1 instead of 2 ballasts)

I highly dislike the blue ones though. A true HID is in the 4300-5k range not any lower or higher and it is a true white color.

You can get the high/low beam kit for about $40 for the 35w version. They have a 55w version but it could melt the headlight housing so I wouldn't recommend it.

www.ddmtuning.com

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just ordered a H4 Hi/low beam HID kit off amazon for like 39 bucks ill have photos when i get it all finished

1 - 20 of 38 Posts