Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've done HiD conversions for cars and all I'm thinking of trying one for the CBR250r but I have questions I'm confused about. K so we don't have a switch to turn on the "low beam" like a car does switching the DRL off and turning it on so does it automatically just change from DRL to Low beam while we're riding? because we only have a switch to switch from the low beam to high beam... so I'm just a little confused about that. I'm thinking of switching it to a 6k bulb Hi/Lo with a slim ballast :) incase you were wondering

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did an install on my bike. 55W 6000K Bi-Xenon, no projector of course. It's miles brighter than the stock light. Sure the pattern doesn't look pretty like projector HID kits, but whatever. It lights things up for me to see.

As for DRL, bikes don't do DRL. The low beam is essentially on all the time.

My install I had to put in my own switch to turn the HID on and off because when starting the bike, it draws too much current to maintain the required voltage/current to keep the light ignited.

Long story short, I have the two corner lights as my DRLs. At night, I flip on my HID and I'm good to go. Also more economical for the bulb. :)

I'll try to get some pics up sometime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts