Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a HID kit on my CBR250R and am having a problem. The bulb lights but the High/Lo beam button does not do anything (bulb stays in one position). Any ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I installed a HID kit on my CBR250R and am having a problem. The bulb lights but the High/Lo beam button does not do anything (bulb stays in one position). Any ideas. Thanks.
Maybe the fuse in the wire to the battery has blown?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have installed HiDs for many cars, there are different kinds of HiD bulbs. Some of which only have low beam and do not support high beam. You have to get the bulb that has both high and low beam.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the H4 single bulb with high and low beams. It works by retracting the bulb into the assembly by using a magnet. It won't retract (I assume the low beam is when it is retracted).

·
Registered
220 Posts
I bought the H4 single bulb with high and low beams. It works by retracting the bulb into the assembly by using a magnet. It won't retract (I assume the low beam is when it is retracted).
On a standard bulb, the low beam filament is in front, so if this will not retract, it will be stuck on the low beam. Perhaps you could check the continuity in the wire leading to the solenoid from the high beam terminal in the socket. That, and the ground connection from the solenoid

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sendler,

I have the DDM kit. Let me know how your install goes. I checked the voltages today and everything looks OK. On the harness connected to the bulb, the blue wire shows 12v on high beam and the yellow wire 12v on low beam. The small red wire that is connected to the base (responsible for the bulb retraction) does show 12v when on high beam. If I look closely it appears the the bulb is trying to retract but moves just a tiny amount.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Two

Sendler,

I have the DDM kit. Let me know how your install goes. I checked the voltages today and everything looks OK. On the harness connected to the bulb, the blue wire shows 12v on high beam and the yellow wire 12v on low beam. The small red wire that is connected to the base (responsible for the bulb retraction) does show 12v when on high beam. If I look closely it appears the the bulb is trying to retract but moves just a tiny amount.
Did they send you doubles? I got two of everything as if to do a car. Try another bulb or junction box.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They sent 1 bulb and 1 ballast but the harness is for two lights. Also, after installation the cut-out in the metal shield faces up and from what I have read it should face down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts