Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of lighting does every prefer on their bikes, hid's or halogens?

I personally love HID's but some people hate the glare off of them.

Also don't you think the CBR250R should have projector's?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have no need for H.I.D.'s, it's too excessive. I just stick with the OEM bulbs I get from the dealer since they give me sufficient light. Not sure if the CBR250R has projectors i will have to look into that, but i doubt it being it's a entry level bike.

·
Registered
118 Posts
H.I.D. i wouldn't say are too excessive, sometimes the OEM halogen bulbs are just Dull and not as effective, esp during night time driving. I feel that H.I.D's should come standard on all cars/Bikes for safety reasons.

yeah i really doubt an entry level bike would have projectors, so maybe HIDs wouldn't be a great a choice for the CBR250R at least.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have no need for H.I.D.'s, it's too excessive. I just stick with the OEM bulbs I get from the dealer since they give me sufficient light. Not sure if the CBR250R has projectors i will have to look into that, but i doubt it being it's a entry level bike.
Have you tried H.I.D. lights before? the improvement you get with the light output is significant. I never had H.I.D.'s till last year and will never go back to the regular halogen bulbs. Anyone who has or had H.I.D. lights will say the same.

·
Registered
69 Posts
they are the headlights on cars that look kind of like a glass globe. I am not really sure how to describe them. Basically they would like a projector (for cinema) where they allow so much light to be projected on the road. On my wife's car they have a shutter that is open about halfway on "low" beam then the shutter opens all the way up for "high" beam. The shutter creates a horizon on the light in-front of you which prevents the lights from shining into oncoming traffic. There is a picture somewhere that shows this bike with a projector light installed. You have the two eye lights, then where the main bulb is there is the projector instead.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would like to get HIDs but don't know if any mods are needed to install. Can anyone advise?

only mod you may need is to figure out where to mount the ballast.

As for HID's generally most of them now are just plug and play, just plug the cables in and it should generally work out !

Just plug in and play!

·
Registered
147 Posts
those projectors look nice,im sure there will be lots of aftermarket parts coming out for this bike in the states,but first they need to bring in more bikes,lol:cool:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have always been a large supporter of the HID bulbs. The look is much more aggressive and is also very functional. If going to HID conversion I, personally, would not go over 12000K however because the light gets too blue and does not provide very much good visual light. I have put HIDs on virtually everything I own with headlights with the exception of my lawn mower.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Projector doesn't look right on this bike....

I have always been a large supporter of the HID bulbs. The look is much more aggressive and is also very functional. If going to HID conversion I, personally, would not go over 12000K however because the light gets too blue and does not provide very much good visual light. I have put HIDs on virtually everything I own with headlights with the exception of my lawn mower.
Don't go over 6k. 5k is what I use in my Audi then 3k in the fog lights. And don't put higher then 35w in stock housings or it will probably melt/ just be extremely blinding. The housings on these are good enough that a 35w HID is acceptable.

The bottom is 8k and the top is 5, though the bottom one has made the top one look blue in the camera phone picture.

You can't even see the bottom ones over the top ones due to the loss of light from color.

You can also see the nice clean cut off a projector gives the headlight.

3k looked better in the fogs

·
Registered
141 Posts
they are the headlights on cars that look kind of like a glass globe. I am not really sure how to describe them. Basically they would like a projector (for cinema) where they allow so much light to be projected on the road. On my wife's car they have a shutter that is open about halfway on "low" beam then the shutter opens all the way up for "high" beam. The shutter creates a horizon on the light in-front of you which prevents the lights from shining into oncoming traffic. There is a picture somewhere that shows this bike with a projector light installed. You have the two eye lights, then where the main bulb is there is the projector instead.
The projector he is talkin about is more like a magnifying glass, and the shutter is that he mentioned is the cutoff. Alot of idiots put on HID's are careless and could care less about oncoming traffic. To those tards who do do that, I wish you bad luck as all they do is piss me off.

I say if you gonna do it, atleast do it right.

On a side note, the 250R with a projector makes it look like a mole lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts