Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know that Hindle now is producing an aftermarket slip-on for the CBR 250.

I know because my bike is the first one to have it!!

I called Hindle as there wasn't anything available, and by chance ended speaking to the owner Lang Hindle. I went to his shop and he designed it for my bike, as Honda was in such high demand from their dealerships that they didn't have a chance to send him one.

Needless to say he did it himself, and I met with his family. Great people and this guy is one hell of a rider himself.

I have had it for close to a month, and it increases the HP by 3-5. What a difference. it is more responsive, and sounds Amazing.

:D:):D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the messages. Yeah I'm pretty happy with it. The mapping is yet to be seen. They Dyno'd it, and I am going back in a few months to get the full system done from the header out. Without the mapping I can tell you that the powerband is between 9000 and 12000 rpm. It really pulls versus the stock one. If I did sell it, I would think that $4500 would be a fair price as the new ones are that price without it. I will see what i can come up with for a you tube video, and post a link for everyone. Esthetically I think this will be better than the two brothers, etc.... we'll have to wait to find out.

Here's the specs and pricing on hindle's website, and the picture they took does more justice than with my cell phone.

Hindle Photo Gallery - Last additions

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like the length options. Hopefully the longer one is quieter. All the slip ons I've heard on You Tube are WAY to loud. I'd like to lose the 10 pounds from the stock muffler but not at the expense of the bike becoming a loud annoying toy.

"Appropriate muffler to match 14", 16" or 18" Round muffler."

·
Registered
221 Posts
It looks as if there is a cover on the actual pipe leading to the exhaust but you said this was a slip on. Does that come included?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So to answer the length, we tried the 14, 16, and 18, and the 18 looked the best, as the others looked short and out of place, and muffled the sound, but i'm not sure what he is doing for the different sizes.

As for the cover it is actually a piece that is there already, but under the muffler area. Definitely makes it look like it was suppose to be a part of the bike.

Still working on the youtube video....

·
Registered
38 Posts
TorontoGuy:

I am in Alberta and looking for an online dealer to purchase this muffler from, are you aware of anyone stocking the kit for the 250, or do you know if I could order directly from Hindle?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
282 Posts
Great looking exhaust, definitely post a vid.
How did you come to the figure of 3-5hp increase. Can't buy those figures without dyno graph. Most slip-ons will only give about 2hp(if your lucky)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts