Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HMF Racing in Ohio is building an exhaust for the 2011 CBR250R. They are using my bike as their model. Today they told me it was on the dyno :D.

I should be able to pick it up on Friday. I will be racing it against a couple Kawis this weekend at a racetrack in Northern Ohio. Hopefully the exhaust helps, the bike felt underpowered during practice two weeks ago.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just picked up my exhaust from HMF Engineering in Brook Park OH (Cleveland OH). It looks and sounds great! It's about 10lbs lighter than stock and the dyno shows a 2-3hp gain and increased torque (I'll have the dyno charts this week).

www dot hmfracing dot com

I don't see it posted on their web site yet, but I attached a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
I just picked up my exhaust from HMF Engineering in Brook Park OH (Cleveland OH). It looks and sounds great! It's about 10lbs lighter than stock and the dyno shows a 2-3hp gain and increased torque (I'll have the dyno charts this week).

that does look good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried to convert a video from my phone and post it, but I didn't have much luck. HMF will post sound clips when they add it to their web site.

I don't know about pricing.

HMF offers their other exhausts in different colors, so I'm sure this one will be available in colors as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts

How much different does the driving feel? Can you feel a difference in the power from 65 to 85?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very nice system, now get a fuel management box and get even more power! and K&N filter.:) I will be doing this to my bike in the future.

·
Registered
221 Posts

posted this in the .org forums, but though id ask here too, what type of rear stand is that, you found the only stand iv seen that solves the problem of hitting the muffler.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yes I have a pit bull stand. It does not scratch the swingarm at all! It does not use swingarm spools to lift the bike, it simply lifts from the bottom of the swingarm.

Honestly I prefer spools since it's a positive locking system, but this stand I'm using now doesn't slip at all, so I'm starting to like it more and more.

www.pit-bull.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Very nice system, now get a fuel management box and get even more power! and K&N filter.:) I will be doing this to my bike in the future.
As part of their exhaust system HMF installed a Dobeck Fuel Optimizer.

I've attached the dyno chart.
  • Blue is stock
  • Green is the full system
  • Red is the slip on

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like the look but I'd want to hear it too. Can you do a video?
I'm sure HMF will have this exhaust on their web site soon. They will have sound clips too. I just couldn't figure out a good way to post the sound clips I have.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting to see that the performance of the slip-on is quite the same has the full system. Makes me wonder why would you choose to pay more for a full system?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Interesting to see that the performance of the slip-on is quite the same has the full system. Makes me wonder why would you choose to pay more for a full system?

Not knocking it, but even though the HP gain is almost a full 15%, in absolute terms it's still a measly less than 3 HP. Pretty much as you say, it's still a 250...
Since I won't be racing mine, it's not worth all that money for so little performance (none expected as this is not a performance bike)..

Again, not knocking anyone that wants to have some fun with the gain that you do get..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts