Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the problem is like in the video-
I changed ECU and checked wiring and still nothing. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
164 Posts
ECU is never problem.

Do you have manual with wiring-diagram?

Do you have multi-meter and know how to use it to measure voltage and resistance?
This is 5-minute fix if you know how to use multi-meter.

No, make that 3-minutes, I fixed one last week.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Sounds like a fuel-related issue to me.

How old is the gas? Is the tank clean inside? Run some fuel system cleaner in case the injector has deposits.

Try opening the throttle slightly as you are cranking.

Air filter clean and snorkel clear?

I'd also charge the battery. A low battery isn't going to help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same issue I was facing few months back when lockdown was lifted, so I cleaned fuel system (cleaned fuel tank and replaced fuel filter). Here what I done smartly is that I cleaned throttle body by taking it outside and cleaned while pushing butterfly valve manually. After installing everything problem was still present. That's when I given time to read manual thoroughly, I found out that throttle body need to be reset (being smart makes trouble sometimes ). That's when I first time removed OBD coupler(Honda uses old tech. called DLC coupler), (short circuit using copper wire instead of recommended sp. Tool), followed procedure and wola... after few cranks heard the sweet smooth firing after long time.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I am still thinking fuel-related because it did run eventually (0:50), but was bogging and sounded flat like it was running out of gas.

Fuel pumps do fail, and maybe it's not supplying adequate pressure initially.

I'd make sure the gas is fresh (drain any old gas in the tank), add the fuel system cleaner, and do whatever it takes to keep it running for 5 or 10 minutes and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Exact situation I was facing, that's why I wrote everything in detail.
The procedures you posted sound like resetting a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). Many Throttle Bodies (TBs) have an adjustment on the TPS, and many times the factory setting isn't the same as the recommended setting (SV650 are delivered with an incorrect TPS setting according to the manual).

It's certainly worth checking and resetting, but based on what it sounded like when it started I think there are other factors involved as well.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Interesting point brought up is error codes. Are there any error codes in ECU that may point towards area to examine and test?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't get a spark. I tested my coil resistance in 200 mode and it showed 2.8 oms, spark plugin in 20k mode witch showed 15.11 oms. Is that good or bad?

·
Registered
12 Posts
As you can see in the later part of the video bike does start when little throttle is given but when throttle is released engine goes off(which is not shown in the Video).
So, there is no problem in ignition system. Problem may be in Fuel or throttle body.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As you can see in the later part of the video bike does start when little throttle is given but when throttle is released engine goes off(which is not shown in the Video).
So, there is no problem in ignition system. Problem may be in Fuel or throttle body.

But i can't get a spark even to get any sound from engine, so it's not a fuel problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Then you are taking this tread in another direction as you posted the wrong video.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I Checked for error codes and it shows 1 long and 2 short blinks
Make sure MAP-sensor connector is plugged in and clicked.
Make sure vacuum-hose to MAP-sensor is plugged in correctly on both ends.

I usually put small zip-tie on these hose-ends to make sure they are sealed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts