Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to this Honda press release, the CBR250R release date for Japan is suppose to be tomorrow, March 18th 2011. But as we all know by now with the earthquake & tsunami in Japan this release date will probably be put off till a later date.

If the CBR250R Japan release date was March 18th im sure they already had a stock load of pre-ordered bikes waiting to be delivered. Hopefully they didn't get damaged in the tsunami/earthquake

this is the CBR250R press release
Google Translate

·
Registered
99 Posts
Its nice to know there out, but i really dont think a bike release is their top priority, they have a country to fix.

Hopefully Japan will out up and running really soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There is a huge chance that the bikes got damaged by the tsunami. I think they will move the release date by at least a month. Honda was hit bad and they need to do damage control before they can even think about releasing the bike.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
according to american media Japan is in a better condition now. I can't imagine how much damage has been done. This might just impact Honda a bit. But really I could care less about motorcycles or cars being damaged. More concerned about the people in Japan.

A month delay is too quick, i saw what damage has been done, and it's a lot. I dont think its a good time to estimate a new release date.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm confused. What does a Japan release date have to do with a U.S. release date? Would it automatically push us back? I thought the general consensus was that they weren't being shipped from there.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well there are still speculations about some bike being shipped from there, there are no final words from honda or anyone saying where it will be shipped from.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah with all this im getting confused , i know i said earlier about parts coming from japan? but all production is done in Thailand?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well there are still speculations about some bike being shipped from there, there are no final words from honda or anyone saying where it will be shipped from.
I never knew about that. That doesn't make sense tho. They have a CBR250R manufacturing plant in Thailand and India so far, and now your saying bikes could be shipped from Japan?

So from Thailand to Japan to USA?

Wouldn't it just be easier and cheaper to have them shipped directly from Thailand/India to USA?

·
Registered
61 Posts
CBR is manufactured only in Thailand and India. And it will come to rest of the world from these places only.
Here in this case, It will not go to Japan and then to USA. It will be directly shipped to USA.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did not know Honda had that factory since the 1960's. That's pretty cool. I have zero faith with issues coming from Thailand.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did not know Honda had that factory since the 1960's. That's pretty cool. I have zero faith with issues coming from Thailand.
Yea man it's been there for a while. A lot of people in north american weren't into Honda as much 20 years back or more. Honda started with bikes and small engines then moved up to cars, trucks, van's, and more!

No matter where Honda manufactures their stuff, I always have faith in their product. With their great track record, any slip up will be bad for them. It's kind of like how people notice when you do something bad, but when you do something good it's not noticed as much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts