Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
honda keeps marketing that the new cbr250r is the perfect entry level sportbike for people that are either new to riding or have little experience. to prove their point they did a video where they took a new rider and an unexperienced rider and taught them how to ride on a cbr250r. both of them kept saying how easy it was to learn on it and how smooth it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That video is sure convincing that this bike is easy to ride for newbs, not sure if the same can be said for the Ninja 250r. I just wonder how long new riders will stick to the CBR250R before making the switch to something more fun. Easy isn't really fun at times! hopefully the CBR250r can still hold the fun factor

·
Registered
323 Posts
I took my MSF course on a Ninja 250 and it was very similar to the honda. They are both great bikes and forgiving. I went back to the course with my CBR and the drills were still difficult about two months later. One thing that I noticed with my honda when I first rode her is she doesn't like taking off at lower revs and bogs down. I don't remember that being an issue with the Ninja and it was only a week later that I drove my cbr home.

As for the fun issue, the only thing I sometimes want a faster bike for is accelerating on the freeway after I'm at speed. Up to around 70 MPH this thing is quick enough that I can overtake and do what I want. I have been riding for three months now and 7,100 miles and the bike never fails to impress. As I get better it gets better. Truly I can't imagine outgrowing it any time soon. I think once I'm out-cornering 600's at the track then it might be time to upgrade. Right now, I still get scared in some corner's.

Riding a 250 requires you to check your ego. Everyone, even non riders, has something to say about it being a 250. It is really funny, but only I know the joke as many hobble off on bikes they can't handle and are afraid of. Most haven't even heard of the techniques I have learned. I credit the bike and my willingness to learn in a safe way. I still want a 600 so they will shut up, but it would only be useful in making up for slow turns and wearing out tires quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts