Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
interesting.... the cbr250r has less dry weight but more torque then the ninja 250r but the 250r has a bit more horsepower. The two bikes seem to be just about even. But 0-60, 1/4 Mile and top speed is something we need to find out bout the cbr250r. I have a good feeling the cbr250r is faster then the ninja.

·
Registered
879 Posts
The Kaw has 6 horsepower more than the Honda. thats quite a difference. Not sure how well the little CBR will stack up. We will see

·
Registered
27 Posts
found this site that has pics and a quick side by side comparison of both bikes. this should help a lot of people out since the two bikes are probably the biggest competitors in the 250 class.

Auto Rivals | 2011 Honda CBR250R vs 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

In the U.S., they are the biggest competitors, unless you consider the Hyosung water-cooled 250.

The reviews I've seen pretty much say the CBR will barely get past 80 without a long way to run. The Ninja 250 is known to hit into the upper 90s.

I think the question is already settled. Honda chose the reliable, low-end torque route for entry level riders. It's also a low priced bike. 250 singles, like Yamaha's WR series use can make power like the Ninja (but those bikes cost over $6k and are more sophisticated).

The big question is what will it cost to amp up the CBR250R with aftermarket parts to near parity?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts