Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it's not true. But don't you wish Honda builds a 500cc sportbike?

From what I've read online, power from the 250r may not instill enough confidence for highway riding due to limitation of a small engine. The 600RR seems to have "too much" power for the average commute. I truly wish Honda made a 500cc with aggressive styling cues from the 600rr and practicality/efficiency of a 250cc.

I had owned an F4i and 600RR in the past, and honestly, I had never have to use all the power from the 600cc engine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not really. Just buy a 600cc and be done with it. Now going from a 600cc to a 675cc or 750cc is different as a 1000cc for me just isnt needed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Twin cylinder cbr350, with 40kw, same weight, about 160kg... that would be perfect.
500 is very close from 600, I don't see the point. I agree the 250 need A LITTLE. But a very little. Maybe the full exhaust thing will give enough for me, dunno yet :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
i believe, 250 is enough. only a minor change perhaps such as full system exhaust (agree with gaigri), or a piggy back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It takes many thousands of miles to tap into a Honda engine's true potential. It's built with such tight tolerances that it takes some time for the engine to "loosen up" and let the horses run. My Shadow was a perfect example of this.

·
Registered
131 Posts
agreed

Twin cylinder cbr350, with 40kw, same weight, about 160kg... that would be perfect.
500 is very close from 600, I don't see the point. I agree the 250 need A LITTLE. But a very little. Maybe the full exhaust thing will give enough for me, dunno yet :)
I agree Gaigri; A 350 twin, maybe a V-twin would hit the sweet spot and become an instant hit. But continue to produce the cbr250 & 125 as well.
Having the three options to choose from would be a wonderful thing.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
CBR250R bike is the nice look sport bike and it is favourite of youngsters now in recent days but I it is heavy for riding and I have listen that it has not give the best average so I would like the Honda to made such bike that so sporty and also not heavy for riding and give the best average.And look like CBR250R but low in weight.

·
Registered
31 Posts
CBR400 would be perfect. There's a premium on bikes > 400cc where I live so it'd be a big hit here. I'd buy one for sure.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm very happy with the power of my 250. I'm sure I'll want another bike at some point but I can see myself keeping the 250 - as long as it's still running by then. :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'm very happy with the power of my 250. I'm sure I'll want another bike at some point but I can see myself keeping the 250 - as long as it's still running by then. :)
If you super glued two CBR250 motors together then you'd have a CBR500! Time to get some glue.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Our bike is too light. I get blown all over the joint.
My workmate just got a Kawasaki z1000 2011. 200kg with low seat and 1000cc. I'll have one for sure!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I feel totally confident at highway speeds on my 250. To me this is the perfect everyday bike for my part of the world, with a good mix of fast freeways and dense traffic.however, I would love my next bike to be a 400, if only because that is the cutoff for the cheapest insurance round these parts! Ninja 400 looks good, but who knows what else will come out. I'm keeping my 250 for 4-5 years regardless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the two cylinder 250-650 bikes were made with commuters in mind. if you want a real bike four cylinders with fuel injection and a 15k redline are your choice. cbr f4i or 600rr will waste a 250, 650, 500 two cylinder any day any time at high rpm. a v-twin can take it off the line, but when four cylinders wrap out, its no contest.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have had bikes from 100cc to 1800cc. The little 250 is a great bike but doesnt belong on the highway for any extended length of time. Its just to small. Can you do it? Yes if you want to scream its little heart out. Not fun to me at all would rather ride something actually made for higher speeds

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I have had bikes from 100cc to 1800cc. The little 250 is a great bike but doesnt belong on the highway for any extended length of time. Its just to small. Can you do it? Yes if you want to scream its little heart out. Not fun to me at all would rather ride something actually made for higher speeds
Bollocks... I rode 500km the other day with one stop and the speedo did not go under 150kph.. and it was fun (and no cops.) and It was thumping not screaming, its a 4 stroke single.

Would not really be much faster on a bigger bike, got an indicated 167kph out of it at one stage.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts