Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great time today at Honda in Markham Ontario. Got to test drive a 600 and 1000. But even though I want a new bike next summer, I think i will go with the 250. Main reason for having a bike is saving gas.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Topherguns, Had a great time as well. Nice to see you there. Took out the CBF 600. Very smooth engine; Nice bike... Honda quality all the way. Still love the 250r though.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Where next?

Where is the Honda ride day going next? If it is Kingston or Ottawa, I want to ride up on my CBR250R. I would take a spin on the doubleR's or a VFR1200 or Interceptor, or even an NT700 but am dying to ride a broken in CBR125R and PCX scooter. Did Honda bring a trailer full of bikes or did the dealer use theirs? Will they let me ride on a US license? Any food or music?

·
Registered
427 Posts
They had the demo ride in Sudbury last weekend. Good turnout. I'd guesstimate a steady 35-40 all day long. Took out a CBF1000. Nice bike, and completely forgettable.

They did have 3 CBR250's though. I knew a bunch of the guys riding (and I had ridden my CBR to the ride) and everybody who came back from the demo on the 250 was smiling stupid. One of the guys, Larry, has an ST1300, a BMW and is a bike nut. He took a 250 out, as well as a Wing, a VFR, the CBF1000.. His exact words "That 250 was the best bike I rode all day".

To me, it's just a commuter bike, albiet a good looking one. Anyway, my buddy Dennis grabs me by the elbow and turns me around toward my bike. Somebody snapping pics of my bike with the 2Bros. Young guy, very big bonor LOL!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Where is the Honda ride day going next? If it is Kingston or Ottawa, I want to ride up on my CBR250R. I would take a spin on the doubleR's or a VFR1200 or Interceptor, or even an NT700 but am dying to ride a broken in CBR125R and PCX scooter. Did Honda bring a trailer full of bikes or did the dealer use theirs? Will they let me ride on a US license? Any food or music?
Hi sendler: I can't answer all of your questions but yes there was food (BBQ).
The event was held at Honda Canada headquarters (not a dealership). I believe they distribute to dealerships once the bikes arrive in Ontario. They had a skills event, an abs demonstration and group test rides. There were no scooters and the NT700 is not available in Canada just as the CBFs are not available Stateside. Attendance was by invitation (people who had bought 250rs and 1 guest) I thought of you today when I saw the new 125r with the orange rims. I was curious to ride it to compare with the 250r but (brace yourself) There simply is no comparison. I expected it to be the 250r with less hp but everything about the bike felt lower spec. In fact the engine will turn over even with the kill switch off. It is a great looking bike though. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Headquarters

The event was held at Honda Canada headquarters (not a dealership).
Interesting that you were at the headquarters. I will have to call the Powerhouse dealer in Kanata on Monday to find out if they have any plans. The Kingston dealer already said that they don't participate in any Honda events. Two of the three people I talked to there were rude on the phone. They are also a Harley dealer so the salesmen probably don't care much about selling a 125R.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts