Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pdf of a service manual
Ill leave it here for anyone who doesn't have it.
Hi, I've been working with this Honda book for two years, and I've been writing and reading in this excellent forum for a similar period, and it's time to arrange here for us our first edition of a booklet that will list in order all the pages that need clarification, corrections, etc. I already know of several pages that are worth your attention. I'm organizing them into one PDF file, and I'll upload it here soon.

Reactions: KeepTheFeather

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Warning: This booklet (PDF attached below) is written ONLY for entertainment purposes, and the writing in this booklet should not be seen as a recommendation for any action. Anyone using the information in this document does so at their own risk. Regardless of what is written in this document, it will be clarified that it does not intend to contradict the manufacturer's instructions in the original motorcycle book. The manufacturer's instructions are the ones that are binding. Mechanical work of any kind requires a lot of knowledge that is not found in this booklet. Mechanical work can be very dangerous and even lead to DEATH! Anyone who does not have the knowledge or the appropriate qualification in motorcycle mechanics is not allowed to perform repairs on a motorcycle.
The attached document has nothing to do with Honda, it is a voluntary private initiative, with no intention of profit!

Attachments

• Helpful
Reactions: Mory and DannoXYZ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
And there are other topics that we are familiar with and for which there is no appropriate reference in the technical manuals, OR they from the type that causes us to confusion, so I am currently putting them here:
1. The OIL FILTERS issues:
Hand Gesture Finger Font Flash photography
Automotive tire Font Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Steering wheel

2. The TURN SIGNAL issues:
(1). An aftermarket LED WINKERS problems like fast blinkers.​
(2). 9 pins relay(US model) Vs 3 pins relay(other models) - LINK
3. The subject of the PINK electric wire at the main switch
Gesture Font Line Parallel Elbow

4. Filling up front brake fluid till the marked line. There is a problem of access to the screw driver, in terms of the angle of the steering when the reservoir tank is horizontal. The wind screen obstructs access.

5. The Coolant Level at the reserve coolant tank cannot be seen through the slit provided by the manufacturer. You are welcome to offer ideas.
Take a flashlight from the side of the reserve coolant tank or behind it (from where you're looking) and you should be able to see the coolant evel fairly easy.
6. How to hold the fuel pump nozzle to allow a quick flow of fuel into the fuel tank, with minimal splashing.

7. I shortened the side stand by 5 millimeters to improve the stability of the motorcycle when standing.
Bicycle part Trigger Font Rectangle Automotive exterior

8. The Front Main Light is not one of the best, but if you invest in a quality bulb, and quality bulb is not so expensive, the situation becomes very reasonable.
Font Material property Nail Magenta Brand
Auto part Machine Machine tool Engineering Rim
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Red Automotive lighting Font

9. The fuel gauge is not accurate. Sometimes when the last bar flashes it turns out that another 7-8 liters of fuel can be put in, when the OWNER'S MANUAL P.21 declares 1.4 liters.
Rectangle Font Handwriting Parallel Paper

It turns out that the owner's manual does not wrong, but the engineering design of that level sensor is not really big successful. The motorcycle's fuel consumption ranges is from 34 to 21 kpl. In a slow riding situation, mostly at town's traffic, when the drop of the level is fast, it turns out that the level sensor reacts faster, and in this situation the last line will flash when there are about 1.4 liters of fuel left in the tank. My general recommendation in any case would be not to wait for the last moment, and to fill up with gas when you start to get close to the end (when there are two lines left).

10. The MUFFLER / Exhaust issues:

• Helpful
Reactions: goool89 and Mory

Registered
God d*mn it. I had wrote a fairly long reply without logging in, when I tried to post it I was asked to log in in a pop up window, which I did. It does not seem to have post my reply, so now it's lost somewhere in the abyss... How tiresome

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
God d*mn it. I had wrote a fairly long reply without logging in, when I tried to post it I was asked to log in in a pop up window, which I did. It does not seem to have post my reply, so now it's lost somewhere in the abyss... How tiresome
Yes, little by little it happens to all of us, when the "technological robot" frustrates us. From my experience, two pieces of advice: 1. Access the browser settings, click on the 3 vertical dots, and click on history...if the link exists (search by time), when you click on it, you will find that the text is saved. 2. When I finish getting angry (and I always try not to get into the anger section at all), I find that the second writing is much more focused and better.

Registered
Hi Tamir.
I really appreciate your manual, although obviously English is not my mother tongue.
After what will you do? Will you make a copy with all the annotations (arrows, writings, schemes) go to the computer and will you make a new PDF?

As for the loss of your posts as drafts, I recommend using Mozilla Firefox and its "Form History Control" extension (link) which always allows you to recover the written text even if the browser should close unexpectedly. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
... obviously English is not my mother tongue.
Hi. Me too.
For respect to the founders of the forum, and for respect to the community of forum members which is an international community, I consider myself obliged to write in English, and I say thank you to those who make an effort to write in English like me. I personally helped by Google Translate.
... you make a copy with all the annotations (arrows, writings, schemes) go to the computer and will you make a new PDF?..
No. For the forum I scanned my personal pages, I write notes directly into my book. There are those who would prefer to have comments out of their book, but I see the book as a tool, so my notes appear in it.
Specifically, I edited page 17-5 on the computer (At my book I have the original page).
...As for the loss of your posts as drafts...
This is a note I wrote to TobyBryant

Registered
That's actually awesome, I appreciate all the addon's from somebody with experience. There are many things we slowly learn about our bikes that aren't in the manuals. The gas fuel level was something I started suspecting after my first year riding, the reserve signal is definitely premature. What I mean is experience, knowledge is power, and it's great to see knowledge being shared in the community!

Registered
I have almost calmed down from losing my long reply to the abyss, so I'll comment on one thing this time.

5. The Coolant Level at the reserve coolant tank cannot be seen through the slit provided by the manufacturer. You are welcome to offer ideas.
Take a flashlight from the side of the reserve coolant tank or behind it (from where you're looking) and you should be able to see the coolant evel fairly easy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
**** you're right. This option provides a reasonable result. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts