Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
i see one on the way to work locked up infront of this house.
they are cool little bikes,i rode one a few years back and liked it:cool:
is that yours doublej?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I had, and officially still own, its big brother, the MB 100. It was a great bike. Its not registered for the road now, but some young fellows use it to hoon around the hills now.

Light weight with a stiff frame (similar to the MB5), the MB 100 handles well. It was a popular bike for "bucket racing" in NZ.

I'm not likely to do it up, but I'll be interested to see how your MB5 project goes.

Does anybody know where the MB's were manufactured?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
All manufactured in Japan. Short run only a few years. That motor you have is a straight swap except for relocating the motor mount head bolt another half inch higher approximately. Your bike was never available in North America. These MB 5's are slowly growing popular again here and parts are not hard to get but complete unmolested or totally abused ones are. This one was complete except broken signal lights.
Just started refinishing the tank yesterday. Once that is done it will be on to the wiring harness then the motor complete tear down and built with the 70cc kit. Hydraulic brake reservoir rebuild and caliper piston and seals will be last as I will need to source these parts from overseas somewhere later. Cheers!

Have a look.....
http://s1162.photobucket.com/albums/q524/MBFIVE82/

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In NA these were not restricted and 50-55 mph was achieved with stock gearing from the 49cc motor.

·
Registered
576 Posts
thats a good speed for that stock motor.
this has a reeded g43lh and will wheelie all the way to 45-50mph:D
a little hairy depending what gearing i'm running:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
yeah i'm getting a little old for standups,i have a whole backyard garage full of mint ones just like that one.they started frowning on riding them around here =thats why i bought the bike.still ride them at night once in awhile to blow the squirrels out:)
the police dont mind the electrics like my avatar so they didnt totaly bust my bubble because i have a bunch of those to.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Great work! Can't wait to see the finished product!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well had a heart attach and just now really feeling like getting back to the small Honda. Been a bummer of a year but fear not this thing will get done. Lots of spares picked up in the mean time including a fresh motor. So one will be kitted out and geared properly and the other one left stock. Oil injection will be deleted though and run synthetic premix at 40:1.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts