Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I received the Red front fender I'd ordered, to have repainted Spencer Blue Metallic. It was wrapped in craft paper, inside a sealed plastic bag. No foam to protect the painted finish, so of course it arrived with some small scratches, no extra charge. Obviously the scratches won't matter to me, as it is going to get new paint.

For those who are ordering replacement body parts for their CBR's this would be a bummer to say the least. I am going to call American Honda customer service today to let them know. The irony is that I have ordered fenders for my XR's in the past and they arrived wrapped in thin foam sheeting, even though they are not painted. Kind of backwards if you ask me. I have some other body cowl's on order and due in next week... we'll see if they are packaged the same way as the front fender was.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to let people know what they might expect when they open a box of CBR painted body parts from Honda.

I'll keep you posted,

Mike

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
If I had a Tricolour, I'd do the whole thing in Blue, it would look so sweet.

Then just cover the red stripe on the tank with a Carbon graphic.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I had a Tricolour, I'd do the whole thing in Blue, it would look so sweet.

Then just cover the red stripe on the tank with a Carbon graphic.
Hey Aufitt... How are you, mate?

I agree, the whole bike in Spencer Blue Metallic would be pretty sharp. My plan is to start with the front fender, then add a section of Blue to the lower portion of the white side cowls and some Blue to the upper half of the rear cowl's. The last change that I may make, would be to repaint the wheels in Ross White. The jury is still out on repainting the wheels. I'll photograph the bike at each stage of the color change starting with the blue front fender. My goal will be to end up with my own version of a bike that looks like a "One Off Factory Bike". I will be keeping the Red/Gold graphics though... the biggest change to the overall look will be less White, more Blue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts