Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '12 Tricolor and have been WAITING for a handlebar replacement part since March 15th! The wind dumped my bike in the parking lot and damaged the throttle inside. It was sticking badly. I was told not hard to fix but they need the part.

Then it's on backorder...then again...finally I call Honda Customer service and they put it on double secret priority - and they estimate May 20!!

I gotta tell you - I am almost finished with Honda. 3o yrs of being a loyal Honda customer is about to end. I had considered trading in for the CBR500r but I'm so disgusted with Honda's service I am instead considering the Ninja 300 and save the extra thousand dollars.
They have left me walking for 7 weeks already and at least 3 more to go? This is a very popular model bike world wide - and they just can't get a simple part?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I dislike my local honda dealer, it's very small the guys are smug and not really easy to talk with. So thats why we travel to st. louis MO 30 miles away just for a better experience and helpful people.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who did you order the part from... a local dealer?
Yes my dealer - but ALSO I spoke to Honda Cust. Service HQ. Other than assure me they are "trying" to speed it up they were able to actually change not a ******************** thing.

If this was some exotic or rare bike I could understand. But it's been sold all over the globe in huge numbers. I'm soo fed up.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
I've had no problem with oil change related parts being in stock at the dealer but everything else has had to be ordered. I've ordered the rear brake reservoir hose, headlight rubber seal, shift lever rubber. They all took about 2 weeks to get in. I'm still waiting on a set of bolts for the passenger pegs that have been on order for 3 months. None of these parts has kept me from riding though. It would definitely suck if they were parts needed to keep the bike on the road.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have had really good luck at looking up and ordering my own parts from Servicehonda or partzilla ! Both places offer way better pricing than the dealer, servicehonda shipping seems a little quicker though

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
i ordered the headlight mount metal bracket for when i had to fix my bike which isn't a very common part, it came in within 2 days...sorry i thought i'd just rub in how quickly it came :p

·
Registered
445 Posts
My friend had a similar problem with Kawasaki last summer. He damaged the water pump cover on his bike and had to wait several long weeks to get a new one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '12 Tricolor and have been WAITING for a handlebar replacement part since March 15th! The wind dumped my bike in the parking lot and damaged the throttle inside. It was sticking badly. I was told not hard to fix but they need the part.

Then it's on backorder...then again...finally I call Honda Customer service and they put it on double secret priority - and they estimate May 20!!

I gotta tell you - I am almost finished with Honda. 3o yrs of being a loyal Honda customer is about to end. I had considered trading in for the CBR500r but I'm so disgusted with Honda's service I am instead considering the Ninja 300 and save the extra thousand dollars.
They have left me walking for 7 weeks already and at least 3 more to go? This is a very popular model bike world wide - and they just can't get a simple part?
I had the same issue. Call Honda corporate at the number on their website at contact us section. They got the parts I waited for for 2 months. I got the part in 2 days

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
It really shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that the parts which are typically damaged due to this bike being dropped, would be in short supply throughout the entire Honda parts system... let's face it, there are new CBR250R's rolling off the showroom floors every day across the globe... how many of those bikes will make it a week before they are dropped? There's your parts supply problem, right there. Honda can't make these parts fast enough, and get them into the pipeline to keep up with the demand... all the black muffler heat shields, throttle tubes, handle bar end weights, turn signals, mirrors, shift levers, brake & clutch levers, etc. must be selling like there is no tomorrow. :eek:

If I had a nickel for every "I dropped my bike..." thread on these forums, I could go buy that new CRF250L tomorrow. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Getting a Ninja 300 so soon will probably put you in a worst situation should you wreck that as well; as it's still a premiere model. Meaning extra parts are at an incredibly low supply which can result to a wait time lasting up to a year. Also, it doesn't help hearing massive owners complain about the fairings having a frequent tendency of popping out of place.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It really shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that the parts which are typically damaged due to this bike being dropped, would be in short supply throughout the entire Honda parts system... let's face it, there are new CBR250R's rolling off the showroom floors every day across the globe... how many of those bikes will make it a week before they are dropped? There's your parts supply problem, right there. Honda can't make these parts fast enough, and get them into the pipeline to keep up with the demand... all the black muffler heat shields, throttle tubes, handle bar end weights, turn signals, mirrors, shift levers, brake & clutch levers, etc. must be selling like there is no tomorrow. :eek:

If I had a nickel for every "I dropped my bike..." thread on these forums, I could go buy that new CRF250L tomorrow. :rolleyes:
In this case the wind "dropped my bike" but yes Iget the point that its common. But 8 - 10 weeks for a handlebar is pathetic customer care especially if these are parts commonly damaged on these bikes.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
In this case the wind "dropped my bike" but yes Iget the point that its common. But 8 - 10 weeks for a handlebar is pathetic customer care especially if these are parts commonly damaged on these bikes.
My post was a general statement regarding the availability of certain parts, not directed at you in particular. Sorry if it sounded that way... it wasn't intended as such. As for this parts supply issue, I'm sure that Honda is doing their best to get these kinds of part backorders filled. It's not like they would have anything to gain whatsoever by dragging their feet. Keep in mind that you just need one throttle tube... Honda Motor Co. is dealing with fulfillment of replacement parts orders on a global scale, with a large number of distributers in many countries, who each have many dealers within those countries, who each have many customers/end users, like yourself.

I'm sure if someone needed say a piston and ring set, or a clutch basket, or any number of other hard parts for this bike, they would be readily available in a matter of a few days. In a few weeks, or a month, you may very well be able to order all the CBR250R Throttle Tubes you could possibly want...

It might be good to keep in mind that no one from Honda dropped your bike, so it is kind of unfair to entirely blame them for the fact that your bike is not operational right now.

Did you attempt to make your Throttle Tube workable until the new one arrives? If you can snap a picture of it and post it up here, I might be able to help you out with making it work for the time being.

·
Registered
40 Posts
For this very reason, I never have less than two bikes.

New models will always have parts supply shortage not limited to bikes.

I have a new model Jeep wrangler unlimited , some asshat backed into my spare tire carrier. Per Jeep, it will not be available as a OEM replacement (ever)

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
If you just need a throttle tube you could consider going aftermarket also. This is the one I got.

G2 Stock Throttle Tube

Or... I just thought of this! I could sell you my stock one that has been gathering dust on my OEM parts shelf in my garage.

Reactions: MotoMike

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
The G2 Throttle Tube is a higher quality aluminum tube with a Delron bushing making for a much smoother unit and it has a bigger cam on it which means there is less rotation to max. I found that I would have to re-grip to get to full throttle with the stock unit.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts