Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Going on 2 months since I ordered a black muffler cover from ServiceHonda and it's still on backorder.
I finally got sick of waiting and painted my old one with a rattle can weeks ago.
Not quite the same thing though as having a functional part on backorder that would keep you from being able to ride, with the bike just parked in the garage while you wait. I'd think a black muffler heat shield on backorder is much like having a Honda Wing decal on backorder.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The longest I've had to wait for parts here in Thailand was 1 week for "out of stock" blinkers that were from "Japan" that clearly stated on the Honda packaging that they were made in *Thailand*. Everything else is 3 days tops. It's obvious that they are just not sending the parts overseas and the ones that they do are going via slow ship to save on expenses.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Not quite the same thing though as having a functional part on backorder that would keep you from being able to ride, with the bike just parked in the garage while you wait. I'd think a black muffler heat shield on backorder is much like having a Honda Wing decal on backorder.
Well I also started a thread since ordering the muffler cover about the problems I had obtaining parts for an oil change for my CBR. The filter, gasket and even the crush washer had to be ordered because the largest Honda dealer within 50 miles of me had none of the parts in stock. When I finally went down to pick up the parts I asked for a second set of filter, gasket and washer to have on hand and was told "sorry, we only ordered one set."
I was flabbergasted. This dealership had a half-dozen new CBR250Rs prominently displayed in every available color (someone was actually in the process of buying one of them on my second trip there), but they don't keep oil change parts in stock at the beginning of the riding season here?
I felt like interrupting the salesman and telling the potential CBR buyer to ask him about parts availability before he took his checkbook out.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Well I also started a thread since ordering the muffler cover about the problems I had obtaining parts for an oil change for my CBR. The filter, gasket and even the crush washer had to be ordered because the largest Honda dealer within 50 miles of me had none of the parts in stock. When I finally went down to pick up the parts I asked for a second set of filter, gasket and washer to have on hand and was told "sorry, we only ordered one set."
I was flabbergasted. This dealership had a half-dozen new CBR250Rs prominently displayed in every available color (someone was actually in the process of buying one of them on my second trip there), but they don't keep oil change parts in stock at the beginning of the riding season here?
I felt like interrupting the salesman and telling the potential CBR buyer to ask him about parts availability before he took his checkbook out.
Yeah, I remember that thread... that's just a case of that particular dealer's parts department being lame when it comes to stocking basic parts. I've been getting all my Honda parts online with no backorder issues at all, at least for everything I've ordered so far. It pays to stock up on those oil filters and drain plug washers... unless you plan to sell your bike, you'll eventually use them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Happy to report the part is in and on and I am back on the road. Thanks for the messages, comments and ideas fellas. In the end Honda HQ customer service was able to get the part. If you find yourself in a similar situation call HQ immediately and raise hell. It may save you a little time

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Happy to report the part is in and on and I am back on the road. Thanks for the messages, comments and ideas fellas. In the end Honda HQ customer service was able to get the part. If you find yourself in a similar situation call HQ immediately and raise hell. It may save you a little time
Good to hear that you finally got your part... the squeaky wheel always gets the grease. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Going on 2 months since I ordered a black muffler cover from ServiceHonda and it's still on backorder.
I finally got sick of waiting and painted my old one with a rattle can weeks ago.
Honda is slacking in all areas :( Gotta a totally unrelated but same issue as you for my Ridgeline Truck... bought brand new 2021 and had the catalytic convertor ripped off in first month I had it... now 7 months later a flange on back order is keeping my new truck parked at the dealership waiting :(

21 - 29 of 29 Posts