Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would consider it. The reason I consider it is because it's piece of mind should a problem occur during the coverage period. It depends on how much they are asking for. If the price of coverage is the same as the cost of the bike...well, I am just going to buy a new bike if the warranty needed to be used.
The reason I wouldn't get it is if I end up doing mods that basically void the warranty.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have never purchased an extended warrenty on any bike ive ever owned. There usually vary expensive. Its a Honda not a Harley they just dont break down. Its a risk im willing to take and so far have never been sorry.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I bought the extended warranty here in Canada. Cost was $695 which is about $725 US (sorry always wanted to do that, usually the other way round). The coverage also gives Road Side Assistance. Which to me is a nice touch because you never know. I bought for the piece of mind. Plus besides the normal maintenance of the bike I just don't want to worry about the other stuff.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I doubt highly this baby is going to need a thing with 16,000 miles between service points. If you neglect your bike those policies tend to exclude you. Take care of it & you won't need it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Honda would not offer an extended warrenty if it was going to cost them money. They know the odds are on there side because they build a quality product. If you got a lot of extra money to toss around and it makes you feel better than go for it. But again i am vary comfortable taking my chances.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Honda has a VERYYYYYYYY good reputation as we all know or should know by now. Im 50/50 on going for the Honda Protection Plan as the quality and reliability is always their with Honda's, so unless i really had some cash laying around I would go for it.

Since it is a new bike and the chances of parts going is 50/50 it might be a good idea for some.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got an extra 2 years protection on my 250 just for the fact that it will help resale. It comes with a factory 1 year warranty and I knew would be enough. But I would rather buy a used bike that is still covered by warranty than the exact same bike that is not.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I may get a couple years if it is cheap enough. I usually dont buy them especially on Japanese bike. The roadside assistance is worth it if you need it once. If I was buying a new goldwing, I would definately buy it. Goldwing is expensive, and has many technological features. The cbr has fuel injection, and maybe abs. It should be very reliable and most unusual problems should show up before a year passes if it gets used.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I got an '82 CM450c. A wire snapped off my ignition switch once. A 29 year plan probably wouldn't be cheap if they offerered it and hardly worth it. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Speaking of payment protection, charge card corporations occasionally offer a type of insurance called payment protection. It ensures a person's minimum payments will be made if they lose their job or cannot otherwise pay. It seems advisable, but it's really a costly shell game that the consumer is likely to lose at. Be careful, though. It could cost you a cash advance to pay for the protection plan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts