Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Beautiful replacement for the NSR125 factory racers.

The final deathnell of the 2 stroke in GP racing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've been wondering how much of our engine is similar to the NSF250's engine. Beyond being both 4 stroke 250cc engines. Is the bore/stroke the same? Do they share the same valve and camshaft design? I know the NSF250 has its engine mounted with the intake forward and the exhaust rearward facing, but the particulars are hard to find on the web, probably because it is top secret race technology.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just read an article in Superbike mag. They were talking about how inportant the 250 class of sport bikes is to the furture of the sport. They were saying honda tuned the new 250 with a very mild tune . They used the same size piston and valves as the cbr1000 but with a low compression ratio and small injector to make about 26 h.p. If they used a 12 to 1 compression ratio and a 42mm injector like the cbr1000 there is no reason this motor should not make 40 to 45 h.p. Its just going to take some time.

·
Registered
240 Posts
^^^ Motovito - You're absolutely right on the CBR1000's piston valves things. I too remember reading this somwhere. Did you also know at the intake place, the metal is very thick, this means, it could be shaved off a little for larger intake!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts