Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
It's at least loads better than the old Rebel. They went more of the bobber route with it; a minimalist approach. I'm indifferent either way because it's not my style, but it does have more footroom than the old Rebel. That thing felt like a tinkertoy with my 6' frame.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Looks too home built to attract my money, but mabe that's what Honda think people want?
The biggest problem with it to me is that it's a single. Cruisers are all about relaxed low rev riding which, is at odds with a motor that can't be used comfortably below 4000rpm in top.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Our little singles are torquey. Their powerband is quite friendly down low and midrange, but is happy to be revved as well. I don't see a problem with it; but I'm also not in the crowd that insists anything without a V-twin isn't a cruiser. I've ridden my friend's Vstar 250, and our little singles are just as torquey. They just rev higher and faster.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Hey, I'm 6' and I started out on a 1980 Yamaha 250 "Exciter" cruiser-style bike and loved it.
This bike may be butt ugly, but it will be someone's first ride and you can bet they'll never forget it.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
"I like being free from the constrains of such an oppressive society. This embodies my view of life."

*rides into Starbucks to buy a non-fat soy latte*

Friggin' hipsters.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Well, if nothing else the whole retro hipster/scrambler biker thing is at least getting a lot of riders out of that "I'm Darth Vader and must wear all black" mindset that causes visibility problems on the road.
Hipsters seem to prefer plaid and shades of brown to all black....lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Frankly, I am okay with anything that gets more people onto two wheels with a safer mindset then "lets do wheelies at 140+mph while lane splitting."

The more people that know motorcycle riders or are motorcycle rider the more people will notice us.

More riders acting sanely is WAY BETTER than riders acting like asses and giving us all a bad name.

·
Super Moderator
2,022 Posts
Those small, fat tires still bother me.

Not a fun prospect on pavement, and it isn't suspended for off-road travel. I think of it as a poser bike, and I own a 500 cc equivalent that is more UJM oriented.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts