Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they are small, but it is a small bike. Apparently, they are designed for the CBR250R and they are genuine Honda accessories. I'm concerned about the mounting hardware... They say mounts are included but I don't want to have to drill. It's hard to get answers from the staff at webikejapan because they use translating services to communicate. So if anyone has any info on these please share.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Man I want some more info on these. I'd be willingto buy ASAP depending on size and I that comes with mounting hardware in the price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you read closely it explains that mounting hardware is included. The call it a "stay". But there is that luggage rack in the picture and I'm wondering if that is required for installation. As for shipping, if you spend a little more you can get free shipping. If you spend $360US you qualify for free shipping from webike.

·
Registered
427 Posts
$300+ for 6l with a capacity of 5lbs? Totally useless and expensive.

Just go buy yourself a tank bag for less than a third of the cost. Or if you really want panniers, buy a set of Cortech's or Nelson-Riggs AND a the tailbag for less money and WAY more storage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
after market stuff looks hideous to me. the honda tail pack is 13 liters alone. the panniers put that up to 19L. I have the honda tank bag already. just looking for info about the OEM honda stuff, but thank you for the advice.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Man only 6L in volume?

my pants pockets hold more then that! Guess I'll just stick with ordering the givi e21 and having custom mounts made.
wow.you got some big a$$ cargo pockets then..lol
these bags are equivalent to three 2 liters bottles of coke..i could fit alot stuff into a 2 liter bottle myself.......i really like these bags...I guess I am one of the only ones that would prefer smaller less noticeable bags that wouldnt take away from the sport bike appearence and that i didnt have to put on and take off everytime i wanted to ride or park somewhere

now if your wanting to really carry some serious luggage and maybe some camping equipment..i can see where your disappointment is coming from...but these suite my needs perfectly since I wouldnt plan on buing groceries and trying to carry them home in them

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I am pretty sure the only reason I'd get saddlebags is for camping.:D

I really want to do a motorcycle camping trip this summer.

Combine my love of the outdoors with my love of riding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Webike Japan actually wrote me back today regarding the saddle bags...

"This item does not require any drilling or modification to the bike itself. It is currently in stock."

So that is a big plus. I agree that they are expensive and the capacity is limited, but I am seriously considering these now. And they have many other parts & accessories that I can't find in the US. A lot of carbon fiber, luggage, Mugen accents, etc.

I'm liking this tank protector (a-tech):

and this muffler cover (genuine honda):

Along with the panniers and tail bag it is $645 with free shipping. Not cheap but I think it would look killer. (my 250 is black on black).

Thanks guys for keeping the dialogue going. My lady really doesn't care about this stuff so this is my best outlet.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was tempted, but reading the description it sounds like they're zippered cases, I assumed there'd be some sort of locking closure for them, and am not prepared to spend $300 some odd dollars for a set of zippered cases (well not yet anyway).

·
Registered
226 Posts
Motopak makes some stuff that is nice. If you're going to buy bags don't try to go OEM with the Honda bags. This isn't a BMW and they're not offering paint matched cases. Wolfman is another company that makes good stuff, but motopak is all inclusive w/ integrated flies, bungies and pads.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
451 Posts
I ordered the tail bag but it hasn't come yet. Will provide my opinion after its received.

I'm really digging those side bags. Think they would look really cool and provide enough storage for clothing.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I bought a very nicely made and styled set of Cortech 2.0 side bags,

but once installed...they just seem oversized for the bike to me. I had to excessively shorten the over-the-seat straps by folding them back under themselves, to make them tight enough that they didn't sag toward the rear wheel.

I decided that what I really need are smaller bags for everyday running around town, commuting to work, etc. I don't need to pack for a camping trip or multi-day tour. These OEM Honda bags look like they would be perfect.

Do you guys think these supports would improve the OEM installation, or do you think that these are more intended to improve the fit of larger aftermarket bags?

PLOT : Saddle bag support [PSD177]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts