Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received the Honda Attitude and Usage Study in the mail....

....and it comes with a $1 bill!:D

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
got one yesterday...i read thru the questions real fast...looks like there is really nothing asked of any real value concerning the cbr250R...or its quality..or your experience with your dealer....its all just mainly marketing questions so they know who to target with their commercials and magazine ads....I probably wont even bother to waste my time to fill mine out

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
perhaps I was a bit hasty in my previous post..i went back and looked it over again and it seems i missed alot in there...there is in fact several places to put in your opinion about the bike and what you would like to see improved...your thoughts on what led you to buy the bike..ect..ect... i filled it out and mailed back today...i want them to know i think their stock seat is the worse ever made...tho i do know some people in here actually like it very much ? never will figure that one out? lol

·
Registered
724 Posts
Damm, I cant think of any cons to tell Honda when I get the letter.

I am going to buy a lottey with the 1 dollar bill and if I win get a 1000rr. 2011 model.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I've received $2!!!! Take that jerks! hahahaha

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Damm, I cant think of any cons to tell Honda when I get the letter.

I am going to buy a lottey with the 1 dollar bill and if I win get a 1000rr. 2011 model.
Lets see if i can think of anything....
How about a new more comfortable stock seat ?...
a better/louder,meatier sounding muffler ?..
a transmission that doesn't get stuck in neutral constantly ?
a windscreen that doesn't direct wind right at your chest & head ?...
a first service that doesn't cost $300 ?..
more storage space under the rear seat than just enough room for a pepsi can and the manual no one knows they have or dont bother to read even when they do ?..
a fuel gauge that doesnt flash to tell you that you are on empty then you can only squeeze 2.4 gallons into your 3.4 gallon tank when you fill up ?
Not putting a 250 sticker on each side of the side of the bike or at least not make it impossible to remove if they do ?
Buttons that actually work on the dash and dont have to be pressed extremely hard repeatedly to get broke in first before they do ?
No more BB in can rattling sound at and over 5000 RPMs ?

I could keep going..but i'll stop here...lmao .I actually love the bike..but its far from perfect. good luck on that lottery ticket...i would go for a VRF 1000 tho...they have the CBR250R body style :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
Lets see if i can think of anything....
How about a new more comfortable stock seat ?...
a better/louder,meatier sounding muffler ?..
I wouldn't mess with that, it's perfect for the target market and the thumper sound is annoying.
a transmission that doesn't get stuck in neutral constantly ?
Mine is never stuck but if the gear set isn't lined up with the input shaft then you have to let the clutch out a tiny bit to get it to turn just enough to slide into gear. I'm told this is normal for a bike by anyone that's owned one.
a windscreen that doesn't direct wind right at your chest & head ?...
It wouldn't be so bad but I like the look of the short one
a first service that doesn't cost $300 ?..
Better not buy a 4 cylinder bike lol, 300 is pretty cheap for what they have to do if it's out of adjustment.
more storage space under the rear seat than just enough room for a pepsi
can and the manual no one knows they have or dont bother to read even when they do ?..
Definitely if they can do it w/o making it obvious!
a fuel gauge that doesnt flash to tell you that you are on empty then you can only squeeze 2.4 gallons into your 3.4 gallon tank when you fill up ?
It is a bit strange, and oddly mines not always consistently low at the same point. Not sure if this will be addressed or not but it's not that big of a deal for me. Unless they meant us to run it till the bar disappeared.
Not putting a 250 sticker on each side of the side of the bike or at least not make it impossible to remove if they do ?
Nobody ever notices mines a 250 lol. I get so many compliments on it.
Buttons that actually work on the dash and dont have to be pressed extremely hard repeatedly to get broke in first before they do ?
This is annoying, it gets better the more they are used but mines still a little buggy.
No more BB in can rattling sound at and over 5000 RPMs ?
This is a problem and I'm sure there will be a TSB on it soon, I just wish it would be fixed under warranty since it is obviously a loose wire/connector rattling under the fairings somewhere.
I could keep going..but i'll stop here...lmao .I actually love the bike..but its far from perfect. good luck on that lottery ticket...i would go for a VRF 1000 tho...they have the CBR250R body style :D
Just my opinion on it, I'm not sure what you expect a bike that MSRP's for $3999 to be. I never expected German quality fit and finish that's for sure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i want them to know i think their stock seat is the worse ever made...tho i do know some people in here actually like it very much ? never will figure that one out? lol
Have you ever tried or considered the Corbin saddle? It fits on the CBR250R-- I'm thinking about getting one and I'm trying to find somebody who has one who can tell me about it. Google them and please give it a look.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Have you ever tried or considered the Corbin saddle? It fits on the CBR250R-- I'm thinking about getting one and I'm trying to find somebody who has one who can tell me about it. Google them and please give it a look.

Thanks,
I bought a Corbin to replace the stock one in august..$289 total..best $300 i have ever spent....5+ straight hours in the Corbin saddle and my cheeks on the outsides start to burn a bit but thats it...3+ hours in the stock saddle and my tailbone AND cheeks were in pure agony..I literally didnt want to ride again for days afterwards regardless of the beautiful weather.
I wish i wasn't forced to spend another $300 to replace the stock seat but it really was that bad and had to be done in my book...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
and Somebody5788...I was simply stating some of the more obvious flaws in a reply to someone who said they couldnt think of one single thing wrong with it...but i could think of lots of things....there is always room for improvement..no matter what the product

and for 4 thousand dollars i expect high end top quality and and not one ounce less...to state that I didnt spend enough money to expect a high quality motorcycle is absurd to say the least

·
Registered
706 Posts
and Somebody5788...I was simply stating some of the more obvious flaws in a reply to someone who said they couldnt think of one single thing wrong with it...but i could think of lots of things....there is always room for improvement..no matter what the product

and for 4 thousand dollars i expect high end top quality and and not one ounce less...to state that I didnt spend enough money to expect a high quality motorcycle is absurd to say the least
I'm hoping sarcasm

·
Registered
724 Posts
What do they do for the 1st service for 300 bucks?
Well yeah I've hit some false neutral in my first 142 miles but from memory all my old bikes did pretty much the same.
The seat, each [email protected] is different it feels fine to me, havent been on a long ride yet. As for Corbin I agree for long distance it excellent.
The stock exhaust sounds excellent- I've listened to youtube videos of aftermarket cans for the 250r and not impressed by any, maybe my favorite brand Hindle will impress me-just havent heard one yet.
No rattles here than my ear can hear, I've taken it to redline many times not one BB rattling in there.
I'm a fan of the stock exhaust look, adds some flair with its silver color and bulk.

Its been 2 weeks since I got the bike, still go in the garage to look at it often.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I'll be recommending honda make a simpler owners manual with just preschool pictures and some riding lessons.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I havent got one yet. Hope I do so I can let them know about the rattle trap engine. Lousey mode buttons ant the gas guage thats not accurate. But other than its a great bike and I really enjoy it

1 - 20 of 42 Posts