Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Honda using cheap parts..

6K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  shahbaaz_k 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I got the cbr in march.
There is a lot of rusting.
I alfeady posted a couple of pictures on the forum.

Last week hondA delear called and said thdy needed to replace some wASHERS.

They spend full day on it.

Entry in workshop not allowed. So I dont know what they did.

A rusting parts are still there.

I live in india.

Dont know whom to approach.

#6 ·
Go with you bike to the service center and get the nuts and bolts and grab rails replaced. It is actually something good Ive heard from honda. They will also add rubber caps for the screws on the RVMs. I'l be going this saturday to get it done. Just tell them you've come for the kit replacement (its free of cost) and if you are lucky enough you might also end up getting a free can engine oil :)

#7 ·
Contact your Honda dealer.

They are changing the rusted/poorly finished parts. I've already received a call from the dealer to replace the rusty headlight stay and the mirror which has paint peeling off it. There are people I know who have actually gone in for the ridiculously overpriced Ninja 250 with "poor parts quality on the CBR" being a very important part of the decision making process.

Honda appears to be pulling up it's socks at last. They want the CBR customer to go in for the larger capacity bikes in a couple of years and suddenly they've woken up to the fact that their flagship here is getting the reputation of a bike made with substandard parts, for which spares are not available. Not the best way to hang on to your customer when KTM, Triumph and a host of other companies are eyeing what is possibly the second biggest bike market in the world.

#8 ·
Thank you for the heads up on this matter. I read the article and hope my Thai made bike doesn't suffer the same fate as the India units. I'm going to have my bike thoroughly looked over while it's at Honda Powerhouse having the rims powder coated along with some other mods. Disconcerting to say the least.

#14 ·
I am sure that this problem is specifically for the Indian manufactured CBR's..Think it is extremely bad for Honda, especially when the CBR's are now picking up sales..I have read somewhere in this forum about rusting within 3 months of purchase.. I do not have this problem yet.. fingers crossed :)

#10 ·
I live a stone's throw from the Pacific ocean (salt air) and my Thai built 250 is not showing signs of rust or any other defects. This leads me to believe it's only been a problem at the India plant.
This sucks big time, considering how many bikes have been built out of the Indian facility.
At least it made it to the news so hopefully Honda steps up and takes care of it.
I shudder when I think back some years ago to when they had problems with Goldwing frames cracking. Honda denied the problem for a good couple of years before they did anything. Their eventual solution was to have the customer bring his/her Goldwing to a dealer for inspection. If it showed signs of cracking the dealer would put a nice fugly weld on it free of charge.

#11 ·
I had one of the goldwings that had to be re-welded. You would think honda would have learned there lesson after that big expensive mess. They also had a big problem with overheating and some transmission problems. Thats why i got rid of that honda. To many problems. Now all this crap with the new 250.

#23 ·
Honda using cheap parts?... maybe but thats why we like this bike being so affordable.

But sounds like some very cheap owners not looking after their motorcycles.
Can Of WD40 is $5.. nothing will ever rust when coated in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.