Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know if it is true of other parts of Thailand, but here in Phuket all the Honda motorcycle dealers seem to be very low on stock, I guess because of the floods in Central Thailand. Maybe it is affecting exports of the CBR250R as well.

I know Honda car supply has been affected. It will be some time before that factory comes back into production.

1.7 to 2 million motorcycles are sold in Thailand each year, with all but a few percent being sub 125cc scooters and step-thrus. Honda has over two thirds of the market, and Yamaha has the lions share of the rest. Suzuki sells a few scooters and step-thrus. Kawasaki seems to have given up on the sub 125cc mass market, and is focusing on the mid size niche here now.

The big dealer near where I live usually has over 60 bikes in the showroom. Today it has a single CBR250R and a couple of 110i Waves. Another, which usually has 30-35 bikes on display, is down to a CBR250R, a couple of CBR150R's and a single step-thru. Similar story everywhere else.

The Yamaha shop I went past this morning looked to have a good stock of the retro looking Fino scooters and other models. It must be a boom time for them.

·
Registered
354 Posts
A Thai friend of mine told me her friend in Thailand is a supervisor in a Honda warehouse near Bangkok. And the warehouse was flooded about a week and a half ago. I will see her tomorrow and ask again about it.
I was always trying to get her to ask her friend mis-direct a bike my way when the wait was on.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Could be a distribution problem.

Phuket supermarkets had no rice for at least a month, and the shelves were empty of quite a few other things as well.... including beer. No lack of produce in my local three day a week fresh market though; most is sourced from neighbouring provinces.

Things are getting back toward normal now, but still not 100%. I guess there will be some motorcycle deliveries soon.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I checked today, the warehouse is in Ayutthaya. The water is down, still no power. the recovery is slow. Lots of equipment with a waterline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts