Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well these new CBR,s Should start showing up at the dealers soon. Cant wait to see everyones responce. Hope were all as happy as we think we will be Looking for that great gas millage :):):):):):):):):):):)

·
Registered
131 Posts
hopefully my 25 Apr estimate stands...i don't even want to call the dealer for fear of bad news :(
hmm April 25, that might be too soon but who knows. If it really is April 25th why haven't i heard anymore info. Anyways... May-June is when I can really say they will be out once. After factoring in the Japan disaster and Honda parts shortage you will see why.

·
Registered
57 Posts
several members here have reported 25 April, so thats a little more reassuring, but that can easily be further extended :( I'm waiting for a callback from my dealer as I type this.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why so late. Riding season is here and honda doesnt even have the bikes on the floor yet? Kawasaki has cleaned house on this market for years and now that honda finally figured that out they didnt even come close to building enough bikes and the ones they do have they cant get to market. STUPID and honda is really missing the boat as they say. Wake up and get with it honda ( rant over sorry )

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just got off the phone from my dealer & he is as frustrated as I am. He says his honda rep is going to be in later today & he is hoping the rep has some good news, any news for that matter. I told him they were being delivered to England & Maylasia & Europe but not here. I asked: What's up with that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
recent News

Just at the honda dealership in Bowmanville, they had a Honda showcase with the honda marketing team. They had a few new bikes including the cbr125 and the cbr250. They had mentioned that the latest it would hit that dealer would be March 13th, later delivery dates were untrue according to them. Hopefully thats good news, we'll see though.

·
281 Posts
Just at the honda dealership in Bowmanville, they had a Honda showcase with the honda marketing team. They had a few new bikes including the cbr125 and the cbr250. They had mentioned that the latest it would hit that dealer would be March 13th, later delivery dates were untrue according to them. Hopefully thats good news, we'll see though.
KarmaMan, do you mean May 13 ?? Neat that you actually saw the CBR250! What are your impressions....at 6'1 I am a little concerned the bike will feel and look too small for me..any thoughts on that? Thanks for your reply......

·
Registered
147 Posts
I assume he meant May. I just hope they aren't saying that to keep us strung along and it keeps getting pushed back.

Also, that's probaly just the non abs anyways? I don't get why it seems the ABS models are atleast a month past the non, they just have to go a little further down the assmbly line to hook up the ABS, no? Why such a delay?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Xplorguy, I read a 6'-4" could fit on a CBR250r because it has generous legroom. That should be encouraging for you. I'm 5' 11" & I sat on one at a bike show & thought it had plenty of legroom as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
at 6'1 I am a little concerned the bike will feel and look too small for me..any thoughts on that? Thanks for your reply......
I am excatly 6'1 (183 cm) and bike is very comfortable for me. It doesent look too small and doesent feel too small. So don't worry :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Xplorguy, sorry yes I meant May 13th. While there, I was talking to the Honda rep and he said that the ABS and non ABS models would be arriving at the same time. As far as height goes, he and my brother are over 6 feet and they both found it comfortable to sit on. The cut outs on the tank allows for good leg room.

First impressions of the bike were amazing. I was really excited to see it in person and really put away my fears of it being a dinky bike. It truly has a big bike look. I was most impressed with the styling and seating position. It will be a great bike to ride I feel.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Karma - I went to the same dealer as you. Pretty sad that on the same day from the same people we get different dates. Only by two days but I was told hoping for May 15. They told you no later than May 13. Sure hope one of the dates is right. Getting pretty fed up with the dates changing all the time. Gas is not getting cheaper!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Xplorguy, sorry yes I meant May 13th. While there, I was talking to the Honda rep and he said that the ABS and non ABS models would be arriving at the same time. As far as height goes, he and my brother are over 6 feet and they both found it comfortable to sit on. The cut outs on the tank allows for good leg room.

First impressions of the bike were amazing. I was really excited to see it in person and really put away my fears of it being a dinky bike. It truly has a big bike look. I was most impressed with the styling and seating position. It will be a great bike to ride I feel.

Wow! I truly hope ABS models come in the same time. I've always heard they would lag the non ABS ones by 4 weeks or so.

·
281 Posts
Hey KarmaMan, Sebhucz, and Kutter : Appreciate getting your comments on my perceived height issue and great to hear you all think the bike looks great and more "full size". I am feeling better about it ! Here's to mid May...........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts