Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I don't want to sound like a noob, but this is my first bike. I've done a hand full of installs on my scion so I thought that installing a simple eliminator kit would be simple.
Wrong.

Everything was going smooth up until I had to reinstall the taillight. I'm having the hardest time getting the left side of the light fairing to pop in. I'm pretty sure it's hitting the..uh..black thing with all the electrics (sorry).

Any idea where I'm going wrong?

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
May not be necessary, but it would help if you posted a few pictures (even if it's cellphone cam quality) of the "black thing with all the electrics".

·
Registered
389 Posts
Check out HotBodies Liz's YouTube video.... She does the tear down and install.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it guys. I was just a worry wart. Just took some moving around and some angry pushes. Got it all to snap together without a problem though.

·
Registered
389 Posts
you know... i felt the same way, had to push and pull more then i thought.

Let's see how it looks!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I just did this install but the tag light is not inop. When the front brake is squeezed the taillight illuminates but does not when the rear brake is applied.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, about these fender elimnators (wether from Yosh, hot bodies or in my case R&G), has anyone of you ridden the bike in rain with that eliminator on ? I tell you be prepared to get VERY wet. The water rises pretty high, any passager's back WILL BE soaked like a sponge...I'm thinking of reinstalling the stock fender...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ Doesn't rain very often here and if so, I have slip-on rain gear in my bag. I am definitely not going through that install again LOL

·
Registered
57 Posts
did my install of it on monday... had a issue fitting the light in and couldnt get the fairings to snap in.....then noticed the bottom screw that holds that little plastic part to the light was hitting the holder for the plate lamp.....shaved the plate lamp lip down a bit....then everything snapped right together.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ Mine fit together with no issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts