Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to buy a fender elim and having a hard time deciding between the hot bodies or the yoshimura model. Any suggestions? Positives? Negatives?

·
745 Posts
I have the Yoshi, like the look but despised the quality and instructions. Search for "fender elim" to find likes & dislikes already posted

·
Registered
319 Posts
Both have had not so good reports.

Get the R&G racing one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I went Yosi just to keep everything consistent (exhaust, frame sliders and fender). I have OCD about these type of things.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Get the R&G

Agree with Macca, the R&G is probably the pick of the bunch. It was pretty straight forward to install, once you get over worrying about how much stuff needs to be unscrewed just to install it.

The other option is the Tyga tail which clears up the entire rear end, depends on what you are going for.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I would like to see someone do a DIY fender eliminator kit, it’s just a bracket. I’m sure you can pick something up at a hardware store for about 10 bucks or so. I’m too lazy to try my self, unless I see an inspirational post where it has been done, that might get me motivated…

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I'll post a pic of my very temporary setup but it suits my need to regularly remove the Indicators and plate and has no numberplate light.

Watched the Hotbodies vid to remove the fender and reinstall everything without the plastic fender and steel fender frame.

Found an old numberplate bracket I'd made for a WR400 yrs ago and used it to mount the plate on the rear hole.
Made 2 L shaped brackets out of ally angle for the indicators that bolt to the each front hole.

It will do till I get the TYGA tail.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

I could radius the shap edges and paint the indicator mounts but this was a temp job.
The gum residue is from the duct tape I put there to cover the wiring.

But from these and the pic Macca has of the uninstalled RG one (which is the best) its easy to come up with something.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Now heres the unisntalled RG one courtesy of Macca-

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Heres the TYGA one that solves all problems, comes with LED tailight, indicator mounts , Numberplate light, Exhaust hanger, cowl, increases storage, removes 2kg+ weight, only $300, Parts are avail half the cost of just one genuine side fairing when we throw it down the road, and looks hot.

Hope its half decent quality, time will tell.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So you have to get the Tyga one painted I am assuming? It does look sweet though, and does anyone know if there is a tail light that has the turn indicators as part of it so there is not a need for the post indicators?

·
Registered
38 Posts
My friend has the old 1991 CBR250RR with a Tyga body kit, it has a similar LED stoplight strip; anyways when i was riding behind him, you could barely see the stop lights during the day, it was barely noticable. I bought the Tyga rear end for my 2011, havent installed or had it painted yet, those stop lights erk me a little bit. I don't feel like getting rear ended cause someone doesnt see my brake light. Havent decided if I'll install it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
tail light - fender eliminator

Hi, iv just ordered the hotbodies fender elim and a tail light with inbuilt indercators from the US once here and fitted will post pics...

Iv also just fitted the flush mount hotbodies front indercators looking gd :D next some mirrors........

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
With police targeting FE's here.. here's a joke-

FE walks into a bar-
Just an orange juice thanks... I'm on the bike tonight.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I installed the hot bodies eliminator on mine. Instructions were a bit sketchy but its pretty simple. Luckily youtube has a video that helps a bit. I just dont like how the new liscence plate bracket has to be taken all apart again to change your plates. I drilled two holes behind it to help remove if neccesary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my wife a cbr250r a couple weeks ago and I will be doing all the mods to it so i figured i would join this forum for some help when i need it.
I got the hot bodies fender elim for 44 bucks on motosport.com but I couldn't find any affordable frame sliders???
. I spent 3 hours today putting pink CF vinyl on some parts and trying to get the windshield, rear fender, and taillight removed…. This CBR is insanity.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I installed the hotbodies fender eliminator a few days ago. Really disappointed with the turn signal bracket--super flimsy--turn signals vibrate at idle, looks really crappy, I fabbed a couple temp brackets and pulled the taillights in an inch and a half, or so. Otherwise, the kit is not too bad.

Before kit (you knew this, though):

Crappy phone pics, dirty bike, and garage. After kit installed:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts