Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SO got my Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator from Biohazard.Thanks again sir.
Im pretty much as Liz so kindly called out a "squid" when it comes to mechanics but I thought its just a few nuts and bolts.. I can figure it out right?
Well the install wasnt as bad as it seemed on the video. I would have had it done in less than a hour except for one part.
If you follow her tutorial it is going to be very complicated and you are going to have blood knuckles. She has you taking off bolts and these crazy angles. All i can say is just use your nugget and you'll find much easier ways to get er done.
Just use the tutorial to show what bolts to take off and find better ways of removing.
Pittfalls and Mistakes.

Putting the License Plate on the hot bodies cover. HOLY SHEEAT. I spent the better part of an hour trying to use the factory hardware to bolt that thing on. There is about a half of inch if even that to slide your finger down and hold a bolt in place while you hold the plate and a allen wrench. I finally got smart and went with some different bolts. I also noticed they included some of their own.. prolly because its so **** hard. You have to have little girl fingers to make it work.
I know electric is color coded but still pay attention when taking apart. Thank goodness for barrel connectors.
Also the turn signals are labelled RR RL. make sure you get those right.
Google how to remove pop rivets if you never have. I destroyed two of mine before I figured out how to get them out.
You will have a ton of parts left over. It cleans it up a lot.
PS get some type of spray to loosen bolts. The oh **** handles where so tightly bolted I sheered the head of a ratchet. Cheap ratchet. Went and bought high dollar ones but still needed some spray to pre soak em.They came off fairly easy after that.

Bonus:
While i was doing it a went ahead and reset my ECU for my pipe. Made a small difference. It pulls again in upper rpms like ti did before pipe. Pretty easy procedure.

here are pics for those thinking of buying.

Attachments

Reactions: confedrbl

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but dang, Im looking at the pic and it doesn't look like I put my seat back on properly. Took it off to get to ECU easier. DOH

·
Registered
16 Posts
A few questions. I assume you got the textured one. How well does it match the bike? Do you think the smooth black would be better or worse? What did you mean by thank goodness for barrel connectors? You didn't have to cut wires did you? Lastly, what procedure did you use to reset your ECU? Thanks!

·
Registered
282 Posts
There is a you tube vid on how to reset the ECU. Think it was posted in a thread here somewhere.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I saw that video but personally I am not fond of redlining the engine in neutral. Others have mentioned doing it by just jumping the plug in the tail.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A few questions. I assume you got the textured one. How well does it match the bike? Do you think the smooth black would be better or worse? What did you mean by thank goodness for barrel connectors? You didn't have to cut wires did you? Lastly, what procedure did you use to reset your ECU? Thanks!
I dont think it matters, They basically use all the stock parts so the only thing textured is the underside of the fender. You hardly notice it. They both appear black to me. Maybe the other has a gloss to it?

You use all the stock electrical which is all color coded barrel connects. I cant imagine having to cut anything, which is why i said thanks goodness.

I used the one on youtube. I didnt redline my bike though, I just followed the steps and gave it a little gas. When I got out on the road after the reset, then I redlined it :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
HoPMIX, how about a report after riding in the wet. Some have expressed a concern that rear wheel spray will be a problem.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah I wouldn't get any fender eliminator if your planning on doing much wet weather riding. I did ride on wet roads last night after a rain and my back wasn't soaked or anything but there was certainly more water on my tail light fairing and rear seat then ever before and the back of my jeans were a bit wet as well

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much it cost you?
59 bucks from biohazard. I think that was shipped.
About 2 hours to install. Better mechanic could do it in a hour.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got this in a couple days ago, took a couple hours to install and get everything right, but it looks killer, I'll post some pics a bit later.

Will you be able to take the license plate off without having to remove everything?

no, you'll have to take everything off to get to the plates with the way everything is set up.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just got this in a couple days ago, took a couple hours to install and get everything right, but it looks killer, I'll post some pics a bit later.

no, you'll have to take everything off to get to the plates with the way everything is set up.
This is the worst part about this kit. Its a pain in the ass to even get it on. If they just added a mounting bracket to the design, i think this would be the best fender elm. but as of now you have to take the back end off to get the plate off. You could take the stock mounting bracket and drill a couple holes and make it work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not a bad thing in my opinion. Once installed I would have no reason to remove the tag unless I were going to sell the bike. It would also keep anyone from stealing the tag.

·
Registered
999 Posts
yeah I wouldn't get any fender eliminator if your planning on doing much wet weather riding. I did ride on wet roads last night after a rain and my back wasn't soaked or anything but there was certainly more water on my tail light fairing and rear seat then ever before and the back of my jeans were a bit wet as well
That is the only thing that stops me from this mod. I ride all year through rain & shine.

I think the hotbodies fender eliminator is something of an anomaly. It seems to be the best thought out design but is also the lowest priced one out there.

Less $$ for a better product. I hope this trend catches on :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts